Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday Inspiration - Bread

Oh I love this subject - homemade bread, fresh out of the oven bread, a hot slice of bread with butter, bread and jam - ummmm bread.




Our oldest daughter, following a family tradition - bread!!  She still loves a good sandwich.  Notice the "modern" high chair - a scooped, molded chair - nothing but the newest for our baby in 1966.


I love to bake bread - the smell of the yeast - the pans of bread rising

And hot bread - I can almost taste it

And nut breads - though they sometimes don't have nuts in them


Cranberry bread, banana bread, pumpkin bread - could I serve you a piece with a cup of tea?

And Bear Bread - A shelf fungus that grows on trees

Bread for a christmas party - sandwiches and all the fixin's

Come on in, help yourself.















11 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi JoAnn
I've never made yeast breads, but many nut breads or tea loaves as I call them over the years.
I'd love to join you for tea and try one of your loaves.
Judith

On Crooked Creek said...

Joann,
Your daughter, as a child, is adorable!!!
Like her, I l o v e bread!!!
Coming home from school, my favorite snack was
bread and butter with a sprinkle of sugar on the top,
then folded in half! YuMMy!!!
(Do you remember when we all left the butter out
on the table and it was soft for spreading???)
Fondly,
Pat

Kay said...

I can almost smell those breads ((sigh)). Yum! Like Joann, I remember white bread with butter and sugar, a little taste of heaven. In those days it was Wonder Bread, "helps build strong bodies 9 ways!"

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Wow, these bread loaves are so yummy looking and fantastic!

Crispy said...

I've never made "real" bread but love all the quick breads, especially toasted!!

Crispy

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I used to bake bread all of the time when my sons were growing up !

Challah ( had a great recipe ) a wheat/ honey one and then there was a Portuguese Sweet Bread recipe that YOUR post makes me want to go dig up.....

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Oh Gosh!!! I think I just gained 10 pounds reading this!!!!

Clara said...

Your daughter looks so sweet in the high chair with the bread. She looks like she's enjoying it.

Lorrie said...

Mmm, such delicious looking breads. I cannot resist bread fresh from the oven. I always cut the heel off and slather it with butter. It the baker's tax, I tell my husband.

podso said...

All your breads look delicious! There are so many varieties to keep life and the table, interesting!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Mmmmm! I can practically smell all those lovely loaves fresh from the oven! Your little baby girl is precious as can be and oh, I need to show this post to my children because they tease me about how I served them butter and sugar 'sandwiches'! They think I made that up, but now I can prove it was something many of us considered a treat! xx