It is Friday - hurray hurray!!! Time for randomness. The photos are of one of the prettiest yards in our city. Every year they have this glorious display of red tulips. We had to watch for traffic, stop on a little bridge overlooking the yard and get some fast photos, as there is no place to pull over or stand to get the photos. Fortunately this time it worked. We have often had to turn around and go back, again and again, until traffic was clear - but it is worth it.
1. I can type fast - really fast. I can type as fast as you can talk.
2. I don't like canned milk - not in any form. When I was growing up in Alaska we didn't have access to fresh milk and so my mother would dilute canned milk half with water and we were supposed to drink that - no thank you.
3. I try and be awake before the first bird sings in the morning. It is a robin and I don't want to be awakened by the robin, I want to be awake before it sings. That gets difficult as the days get longer - and in June it happens at 4:15 - at first light. But I don't mind, I love being awake then. I used to get up before the first birdsong and sit on the steps - but now I'm content to have the window open and listen from my bed.
4. I love wind chimes - big ones - tiny ones - wooden ones - metal ones - I love wind chimes. I have a teeny tiny wind chime that hangs on the top spindle of my wooden rocking chair - it whispers while you rock. I have a big wind chime on the deck - the top decoration is a metal heron flying.
5. When I cook a main dish I make a huge batch, then put serving size portions in the freezer for lunches or quick dinners. At any time I might have 30 frozen servings in the freezer - so I don't have to cook a big meal every night. Sometimes I will have a cooking marathon and make three main dishes in one day.
That is a gorgeous display of tulips!!! I was wondering why you kept driving in circles, rather than parking and walking back, but now I see that the display is in the back yard...
Pretty tulips! I like getting up early too! Maybe not 4:15 though! lol! I love wind chimes! I always have some hanging where I can hear them inside the house.
Oh, those tulips are to die for! How I'd love to live in a setting like that! Impressive typing time!
Here in UK when we talk about a yard it is a very small and usually uncultivated area, so I was surprised to see the wonderful display of tulips in what we would call the garden. Great pictures, well worth driving round for.
Love your 5 facts, I hate any milk other than fresh, and have several days worth of pre-prepared meals in the freezer, but my typing is quite slow, and although I wake at 5.30 thats quite early enough for me
Wonderful photos! We have a nice little garden but wow! I can't imagine having a "yard" like that. Thanks for sharing it.
Those tulips are breathtaking! Thank you for sharing photos of them.
I'm always glad when I get up early, but I haven't been able to do it lately.
I can type fast, but I don't know if I can type THAT fast! :-)
Oh, I love windchimes too! I put up alot when we moved here years ago, but only a few have survived due to the wind.
Lovely tulips! It was worth the wait JoAnn!
Wind chimes are wonderful, and you're right, all sizes are equally beautiful!
Those tulips are marvelous indeed! And worth multiple drives to this home. :)
I love your random 5, I love windchimes and tulips too :)
I LOVE getting up early, which means anywhere between 4 and 6, depending on what time I go to bed at night....gotta have my 6 hours sleep :0)
Canned milk rates right up there with that awful powdered stuff..ewwww!!!!
i enjoy typing fast too. i had a class when in middle school that we would time our typing skills.
i love wind chimes too. have several on the front & back of the home. super love them all! the hubby not so much. ha. ha!! ( :
not sure if i have ever had the "canned milk"?
these meals you keep in the freezer - how do you keep them from getting that freezer taste? i have a very picky palate in that way??! where do you get your recipes for them? i am so curious.
Those tulips are lovely. Such a pretty bright red. I wish I was an early bird, but I'm just not...never have been. I think I am too old to change now.
Oh my goodness I haven't thought of canned milk in years, my Dad was up at 4 am for as long as I can remember, I love early mornings too, the redness of the photos is dazzling
Love the tulips!
I type really fast, too. I think fast, and type faster, and so sometimes after I send and email or something, I hope that it made some sense! Maybe I should slow down.. :)
The early morning is a golden hour for so many things.. I wish I were more of a morning person. I've hear there are night owls and morning larks.
I would love to be the lark. but here it is after 2 am as I'm typing this. !!
Your windchime remarks remind me of my mom.. she loves them, and has many in her yard, trees, and on her porch. Because she loves them, she gives them to others too. We have a dandy that she gave us for our 15th wedding anniversary this past summer.
Post a Comment