Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Signs, Signs

While on vacation in Northern Wisconsin last summer we saw many interesting sights - none more interesting than these.




On top of a bar there was a snowmobile. I'm assuming that it was not driven up there during a heavy snowstorm.  But that was not the most interesting part.  Posted on the side of the bar was this sign.



A big sign
A barbecue
Horse Shoe Tournament
Raffle
Live music
And as an added bonus - written in at the last minute
Pig  Wrestling - at 4:00


I have a few questions about this.
Are pigs wrestling pigs?
Are men wrestling pigs?
(I say men because I doubt women would want to wrestle a pig after a long day of wrestling a family)
Are pigs wrestling chickens or other farm animals?
Do the pigs wear little wrestling outfits?
Who sews their outfits?
And what do they have written on their capes?  Super Pig?
Who signs up?
The Pigs?
The Men?
And if it is the pigs - how do they plan to write their names?
And do they even  know their names, let alone know how to write?
And who is supposed to call Barb, the men or the pigs?
And who is Barb that she got this whole thing going?

Signs, signs - sigh .  .  .






14 comments:

Kay said...

This is fun! I hope the pigs don't mind the fun. I've seen more of this since we moved to Western Washington (although I did attend the Ugly Dog Contest in Calif. once). My favorite around here so far are the lawn mower races at our Irrigation Festival in May.

Anonymous said...

Pig wrestling... pig wrestling pig or pig wrestling human?

RedPat said...

Who knew that pigs even wrestled!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to be the losing pig at the barbecue...

~Lindy

Gemma Wiseman said...

O what a sign that demands considerable attention! So unique!

Lesley said...

and, do pigs fly (after their wrestling match)?
so many questions with this sign. you will need to go back this year and get answers!

sorry about the missing linky, but I have now linked you up.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh! I imagine that these questions are ones we'll have to ponder forever...because I bet you aren't going to go back to check it out!! How funny. Something for everyone I guess.

Anonymous said...

fun things and unique things in every state and just around the corner --LOL..but i would not be seen wrestling a pig that's for sure - haha!
I am dropping in from visiting Beatrice Euphemie blog,, she shared about your book and such sweet words in your behalf.. glad I came by -- all the best with your book...
Hugs

islandwonder said...

I think I could win!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I have no answers.....But great capture of that whole shebang! I kinda feel sorry for the pigs, though....:(
Hugs, xoxo

Jeanne said...

It's Wisconsin! After dey fry da Walley dey wrestle da pigs.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Funny! A much needed laugh this morning! :)

Unknown said...

LOL i love all your questions! poor pigs! hahaha

Crispy said...

ROFLMAO.....It would be fun to see, especially if they grease the pigs first :0)

Crispy