Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Scavenger Hunt


What a fun week - lots of things for the Scavenger Hunt


GLOW

 Our neighbor's Camelia is in full bloom, and simply glows in the sunlight of yesterday



One of the flowering crabapple trees - alight with sunshine

OLD

 A very old house

A very very old tractory something - I'm not sure just what it is/was. It has been there a long time though.

A poor old chair - no longer useful, but still has beauty

SHADOW

Some trees and grass in the early spring

SPRING

These are the best photos I've ever gotten of Skunk Cabbage

And you know how I love Skunk Cabbage in the early spring

SMILE

Our grandson Donnie, waiting for his dinner - he makes me smile.


15 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

As a farmer's wife I must pick on that old tractor as my favourite - it really does look as though it has become part of the land.
How I wish we had the glow of camellias and almond blossom here - my flowering cherry is not even producing a bud yet. Sunshine and showers today and a tad warmer, so we are getting there.

Tamar SB said...

Your glow shots are so gorgeous!! Love shadow too - so much green!

Deanna said...

Lovin' that old tractor...really a nice set of images!!

DrillerAA09 said...

I love the old things. They have character and you know they have a story to tell. Nicely captured.

Nicki said...

I adore your collection of 'old' shots.

Ailime said...

Belíssimas flores. As camélias são lindas e gosto também de ver as coisas antigas. Mas o mais bonito de tudo é mesmo essa criança: o seu neto. Lindo!:))) Parabéns Ailime

Kay said...

You've reminded me again to go look at the local skunk cabbage. I especially like those shots - very nice!

Carletta said...

That old tractor is sinking. :) I'd love to see it cleaned around a little and some flowers and such planted.
Love your skunk cabbage shot and spring blooms - lovely!
Your grandson reminds me of my youngest granddaughter the way he's sitting and holding his hands on his face. She does that too. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Another delightful post. I spy one lone camelia left on our bush.

Ida said...

Great set. Those Glow shots were wonderful. Also enjoyed the skunk cabbage shots and the old house. Yes, Grandchildren can make us smile (and pull our hair out) Gotta love em to pieces though.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great photos. I really love they one of your grandson...he would make me smile too. And also the old photos. I just love old stuff. It has so much character.

Ruth Kelly said...

We only have skunk cabbage in the mountain tops.

Crispy said...

Pretty pictures. Every time I see an old farm house I think that at one time some lady was sooooo excited to have it.

Crispy

Karen said...

Beautiful photos! Love that "tractory something"! My favorite is the photo of the crabapple blossoms. The lighting is gorgeous.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

oh Donnie makes me smile too! :)