Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inspiration Blue


 Glorious spring days in the Pacific Northwest are not only filled with green - they sparkle and shine with blue.
  


Blue Lakes - for taking a ride in a blue kayak
  

We were watching the kayakers, when along came a man and his dog

The dog knew just where to sit so he didn't rock the boat

Ahh, a nice ride on a sunny day

The blue of the sky - reflected  in the water, Mallards swimming

And eating



It's a good blue day

The water in the tide pools at Birch Bay reflect the blue of the sky.

Fairies dancing everywhere - making the water sparkle

We were driving along and I saw this in the sky - we ducked into one of the public beach access parking lots in Birch Bay to get some quick shots

The view must have been wonderful from this Ultra Light

Clouds in the background  - and then he was gone.  Not much time to get these shots - I was happy.



















15 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful blues today, JoAnn! Oh, that sparkling water is just so pretty! Fun to see the glider, too! xoxo

A Garden of Threads said...

Beautiful images, the dog looks like it even has a life jacket on. Take care, Jen

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I wonder if the dog ever dumped the kayak before knowing the ropes. Nice blue sky and water photos.

Pamela Gordon said...

These are great photos. I love the kayaker and his dog. Very nice blues! Pamela

Dave said...

I am jealous of people that have such close relationships with their dogs. I loved both of my dogs, but I never had the close relationship some people have. Great shots all of them.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Lots of pretty blue shots today. I especially like the sparkling water in the tide pool!

Gayle said...

The dog stole my heart. So cute!

greenthumb said...

Looks like you had a had a lovely dy out, and it look like that dog has a life vest on.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I LOVE your blue day everyone should have those kind of blue days. Awesome shots. B

Nancy Jo said...

Pretty pictures. I would love to live on the water year around. The farm I was brought up on was right on the Genesee River. I miss that.
Yes that Dog picture is my favorite.
Nancy Jo

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'd be delighted to have taken any one of those wonderful pictures! Great series, love the way you put it together with the blue theme. I'm really impressed with that kayaking dog (and the person in the same boat). If it were me manning the paddle, the poor dog wouldn't have a chance!

Crispy said...

There is nothing like a sunny day in Western Washington. So sad that there aren't more of them LOL.

Crispy

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Oh oh OH that tide pools picture!!!

And I can see why you'd want to capture the ultralight / what fun! :)

Kay said...

I especially like the shots of Birch Bay. That looks like a beautiful spot!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Your photos are wonderful! I just love a blue day.