Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Egg Tree

I do love spring - and the spring decorations - bunnies, chicks, eggs, flowers - it is so wonderfully uplifting.  This year my new decoration is an easter egg tree - it sits on the coffee table



With a flock of my white chicken dishes swimming around below - bet you didn't know chickens could swim.


If you look closely you can see some bunnies in the chair behind the tree


Pussy willows, flowers and eggs



In the top of the vase I put some glittery eggs on sticks


Mrs. Duck is ready for spring with her pretty flowers



Baby chicks - wish I had more of these  big eggs


All the decoupaged eggs and mini ornaments - the minis are about 3/4" tall









 
















14 comments:

LV said...

You did a marvelous job on your Easter decorations. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

The decorations of your egg tree are so cute! Especially the little chick -adorable:)

Kay said...

Good idea, and a very sweet decoration. Spring pastels are so nice. They look wonderful on your tree.

SmilingSally said...

So cute. Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, JoAnn!

J said...

Now those swimming chicken dishes! Those are vintage aren't they? I'm sure my grandma had one and you don't see them anymore. They are really cool and fit in very nicely with the rest of your poultry - and the sweet little bunnies! Very pretty living room!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love your sweet little Easter egg tree! And those white hens - oh, I do love chicken dishes! The white ones are very unusual! Very lovely eggs and decorations! xoxo

Gemma Wiseman said...

How creative and beautiful! I have never seen anything like this! Love how the flowers frame the hanging eggs!

My Little Home and Garden said...

The calendar and your living room may say spring, but the temperature has dropped here and there were a few snowflakes today. Oh, well, it was a good day to get some "inside" things done.

-Karen

Nonnie said...

love the tree! I once did an Easter tree. Perhaps I'll start the tradition again next year when my dumpling great-granddaughter will be 3 and better understand about it.

Nonnie said...

BTW how do you do the collage of your photos? I love the way they connect.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Ok, that does it. I've decided that an Easter tree is a great way to decorate for the holiday without having to put stuff all over the house. I have a small metalic tree/stand, but it's not big enough for what I want to put on it. Need to come up with the perfect branch/tree by next year. I LOVE your nesting hen collection. I have a few, mostly in shades of blue.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

That tree is so darn cute but oh my what a collection of chicken dishes!!

Crispy said...

Your tree is wonderful. Those chickens can swim, they each have their own little boat the sit in LOL.

Crispy

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely Easter tree.

Catching up with Blue Monday.

Would love for you to link up to my Color Connection meme, it is every Friday. You can post any color that you like.

BLUES