Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Primroses

Oh the joys of spring.  Yesterday I spent some time on the deck - cleaning up the flowers in pots.  Lots of soggy old blossoms - but I'm not going to show you those - just the pretty, spiffed up plants. Pure Spring Happiness!!! 



These are some of the prettiest primroses I've ever seen - and such big flowers.

All spiffy and bright!






Oh - look - the gnomes are out, enjoying a bit of the sunshine after their spring bath.

A sweeping up gnome - how convenient.









13 comments:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Lovely! :)

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Beautiful flowers! They just shout "It's spring!" The gnomes made me smile.

Dave said...

Great shots I love the gnomes

Carletta said...

Wow, a vibrant color and wonderful closeups!
Have I ever told you I collect gnomes? Love those guys!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! I love the colours.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I spruced up my pots on a warm day last week - and have a primrose just like that one of yours JoAnn - they are lovely once the warmer weather comes aren't they? Now it has gone bitterly cold here again and it is far too cold for me to be out in the garden.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful macro photography of gorgeous flowers ~ lovely post ^_^

Veronica Roth said...

Lol, love the primroses and love the little gnomes. My grandmother always had one in her garden and the children call it by the Czech name for gnome, trpazlik. And now their partners do as well and my two little grand daughters will grow up calling them by the Czech name. Quirky family traditions. :)

Anonymous said...

primroses are so pretty ... I'm wondering why I don't have any in my garden

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ho lovely! Thanks so much for sharing, Jo Ann!

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

"How" lovely! ;-) Sorry about the typo.

Anonymous said...

So pretty and cheerful on this blustery, cold day!

~Lindy

Crispy said...

They are lovely Jo :0)

Crispy