Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tea Set

If I have a weakness at thrift stores and yard sales - it is certainly dishes.  I have so many lovely sets, and partial sets, and yet I find that I always want to take more  home with me.  This set was at a table at a flea market and it was near the end of the day - so the price was good.  The young lady said everything on the table was 3.00 each - and I questioned her as to whether or not the tea set was 3.00.  She looked a little startled, I don't think she remembered that she still had the tea set, but she said yes.  I ended up giving her 5.00 for it, just seemed right - and even then it was a super bargain.



The set included the teapot, cream and sugar. . .


And six cups and saucers. . .





Won't you stop in for a cup of tea and a cookie?








13 comments:

Jeanne said...

That was definitely a real bargain. And to have so many matching pieces. Great find!

Suburban Girl said...

I'll be right over and we can tell tales of our thrifty finds.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

OH my...yes I'll be there asap, lol!

secretly hoping that one of the cookies is chocolate...

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, so pretty! It will take me 3 hours! Love that pie server and the tablecloth, too! xoxo

me said...

I'm drooling over this... Seriously. And you only paid $5.00?! Score! :)

Lili said...

Yes!!!

Bernideen said...

I am happy for you - a very sweet set that already holds many memories! Thanks so much for sharing this at "Friends Sharing Tea"!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wow! Truly a real bargain you got yourself! It is very pretty too. Imagine getting six cups and saucers too. Where did you say you lived?? Thanks for sharing with me at Tea Time and have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Veronica Roth said...

Oh gosh, don't you love it when you have such good luck. Great find, I'd have that cookie! Have a nice week. :)

The Tablescaper said...

Such a sweet little set. I completely understand why you had to give her $5.

- The Tablescaper

Ruthie Miller said...

Oh my gosh, even at $5 that was an unbelievable bargo. Good for you and thank you for sharing. It is sweet.
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com
( I have the same dish passion-love the ones I have but can't help always looking for more :))

Terri said...

Oh my! What a fabulous find for $5! You are a lucky girl. The pearly pastels are so romantic, and six ups too! They will be a lovely addition to your collection.
I too, love to find china and bring it home. It is a delightful hobby : )
Hugs,
Terri

Jeannie and Linda said...

OMGoodness! What a deal! It's so pretty! I love to hear about thrift bargains others found almost as much as I love to find my own.

Peace,
Linda at The French Hens Nest