Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, March 1, 2013

Green Day - Canada Geese

On the ponds near our house, and on the big lake nearby, there are flocks of Canada Geese all spring and summer. They nest by the ponds and we see dozens of babies in the spring.  They quickly grow into adult size geese and then they fly out to the lake.  Every morning I would drive by the lake with the sunrise and the Canada Geese on the logs in the swimming area of the lake - and every day I would think I would stop - and finally one day I did.  The photos are taken facing into the sun - giving a different perspective on the geese - making them look like paper cut-outs.

The geese stretched on and on into the lake.  








Many were standing on one leg.  .  .



Some were floating nearby - can you see the fairies dancing on the water?






There are stumps in the lake from when it was used as a log pond for sawmills - this stump made a fine perch.  .  .




Lovely Canada Geese - I'm glad I finally stopped and got pictures of them.  .  .










9 comments:

Lucinha said...

Eu amo fotos de patos e gansos. As suas fotos ficaram perfeitas, nesse lindo lago. Parabéns!
Um lindo final de semana. Abraços.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I am so glad that you stopped and got pictures of them too.
They are beautiful and yes I could see the fairies!

Lovely clear bright photos.

Have a great week
and I hope that the month of March is good to you.

Thanks for linking up with Green Day.

x Fiona

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I am glad you stopped too...these pictures are wonderful! :)

Karendianne said...

Oh wow. So lovely over coffee this morning, Jo!

Maria Luiza said...

O lago é lindo, encantadorsão os gansos nele! Imagens lindas!. Beijos!

Jeanne said...

These are wonderful photos from a cool perspective.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love seeing these beautiful birds - what a lovely series of photos! xx

Dave said...

Beautiful photos. I have heard that when birds feet get cold, they tuck one foot under their wing, until it warns up, then they do the other.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lovely photos. My favorite is the third from the bottom. You captured the two geese so beautifully.