Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, March 15, 2013

Random Five Friday

This looks like fun - five random things about myself - on Friday, see how fast I catch on.   Since I don't have photos to go with all these strange things about myself - I thought I'd share some of the fabulous mountains that are nearby.  We are fortunate to live in such splendor.


1.  I like peanut butter and cucumber sandwiches.

2.  I can write and read backwards, I've always been able to do that.

3.  I grew up in Southeast Alaska, living for a time on a 24 foot fishing boat with my parents and two brothers (see my book at the top of the blog)


4. My dad had a parrot that hated me and would dive bomb me and peck my  head whenever he was out of the cage (the parrot - not my dad)

5.  I get terribly car sick, even going slow, but I never get seasick - ever.
  

And this is just a bonus mountain because it is so fabulous.


and because this has been a good week


Ready to Waltz 











8 comments:

joanne said...

great randomness and even better photos. Pb and cukes...hmmm I'll give it a try!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Gorgeous photos and interesting little facts about you, JoAnn. Reading and writing backwards would be a great party trick and makes it easy to read license plates in the rearview mirror! If you don't get too car sick, that is! Never tried peanut butter and cucumber, but do like pb and bananas! Fun post! xoxo

The Weaver of Grass said...

Fascinating JoAnn - I feel I know a little more about you now.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Nasty Parrot! :) Wasn't this a fun party ! ( random 5 )

Glorious Mountain shots! :)

whitey said...

I have a grand daughter that will get car sick but put her on tire swing and she spins and spins and spins.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Beautiful mountain scenes and interesting fact about you! I would love to live on a boat for awhile. I'm going to have to read your book about Alaska.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Catching up today....love the random info against the splendor of the mountains♫♪ Made me smile! Here's my Ready to Waltz: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/03/magic-hwy.html

Unknown said...

I visited Alaska for the first time last October and I was amazed at the beauty of it. Everything seems to be more limpid with clear reflections in the water. Thank you for coming to our party at pret-a-vivre. We hope to see you again this week and I like all the facts about you :)