Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sunlit Sunday

Today, when driving on a back road near Acme, WA (yes they do have a Roadrunner on the front of the General Store there) I heard an eagle call.  Looking around I saw some Golden Eagles and Bald Eagles on the trees in the distance.  Thanks to my great zoom lens I got a fantastic shot as a Bald Eagle took off.  The Golden Eagles were just a little too far for great shots - but I got some.



First we saw some Pussy Willows by the road - can't resist the first ones of the spring.  .  .  .




If you click to enlarge the photo you will  see a Golden Eagle in the upper part of the photo, and a Bald Eagle  in the lower.

The Golden Eagle on the upper branch.  .  .





The Golden Eagle had some troubles trying to balance on the slim branch, the wind was blowing fiercely.  When I rolled the car window down to take photos the sound of the wind was almost deafening.


This is the Bald Eagle on the lower branch.  .  .



And the shot of the day - another Bald Eagle - taking off from a tree. Click to see the  detail of the  wing.

It was a great photo day.






15 comments:

Love, Live and Garden! said...

Wow! So great you got to see them and capture them in photo!

Vores have said...

Great image series showing. Wish you a good Sunday :)

Unknown said...

Great pictures. Here from Sunlit Sunday.

DIMI said...

Amazing pictures!Great captures!The Golden Eagle is a beautiful bird!Thank you for sharing!Have a lovely Sunday!
Dimi..

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love these photos of these amazing birds! I can see them leaning into the wind and the difference between the Golden and the Bald Eagle. Love the detail of the wings, too! xx

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Great Captures! What a great post! :)

Clara said...

Beautiful images. You captured the magestic bird beautifully.

Snap said...

Oh my! WOWOW! Great shots of the birds. I love pussy willows! That was a wonderful drive.

My Little Home and Garden said...

That's amazing, three eagles in one photo! It was definitely worth stopping and taking some photographs.

I'm a fan of pussywillows, so I love your first picture. I can almost feel their softness.

Thanks for bringing both birds and plants to "Sunlit Sunday" this week.

-Karen

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great images of the eagles and a pretty clump of pussy willows.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh wow- what great pictures! I found some pussy willows at the store and they were just perfect, so I bought them! Everytime I see some in the spring they've already gone past perfect. They are so early and easy to miss!
Those shots of the eagles are great. I see big birds floating above us on occassion and always wonder if they are eagles. My husband always says they're probably hawks, but I like to pretend they are eagles!

Ruth Kelly said...

Wow, you were there at just the right time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful captures!

~Lindy

Jocelyn said...

Wow what fabulous pictures!! Great capture.

Visiting from Sunlit Sunday.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Lili said...

The golden eagle looked a little terrified of all that wind. Poor little thing. And Jo you got the eagle taking off....wow!