Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Barn Charm

I do love old barns - I have hundreds of photos of the old and deteriorating barns. I want to save them for others to see - for these barns won't be with us long.  "Progress" comes along and sweeps them all away and we have a field of huge, fancy houses instead.  So many photos to choose from - here are a few.




The weathered boards and the fresh white paint - quite a contrast.  .  . 




And they felt that this one needed a label - not sure if they thought we didn't know it was red, or didn't know it was a barn.  Charming for sure.





Terrific sign on a barn in Eastern WA.








8 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I do love these old barns! The first one with the weathered siding is just beautiful! It does have a classic look with that white trim. Funny about the 'red barn' title. A business name, perhaps? I definitely think I need some of that Dr. Pierce's Golden Medical Discovery right now to perk me up! Great old barns! xoxo

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i wonder what "a general tonic dr. pierce's golden medical discovery" is? makes me so curious? nice barns. ( :

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great barns! I do love the weathered wood and the white paint on the first one.

Anonymous said...

I do so like the look of the weathered gray barn, and that last image is a true, unique find.

~Lindy

Leave It To Davis said...

Oh, I love the grey weathered boards with the fresh white paint...dressed it up! And that is just tooooo funny that they labeled it Red Barn....tooo funny! I wish we had barns with advertising around here...makes them looked loved. Ours are just falling down and old....unless they are the new metal buildings...and they have absolutely no character. None. Zip....nada.

dan said...

I had never thought barns could have such a grace. They are beautiful indeed. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I'd rather see these beautiful old historic barns than subdivisions of overpriced houses, but that's just me! LoL! I'm a sucker for an old barn & these are beautiful =)
Thanks for joining =)

Lili said...

My brother in law at one time mentioned he would like to do a coffee table book of these beautiful old barns. They really are full of charm, aren't they?