Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Water World Wednesday



Western Washington is made of mountains, hillsides and valleys
and waterfalls

Simply driving along almost any road you will find waterfalls cascading down the rocky cliffs



Cascading down the gray  rocks in sheets



Our own Whatcom Falls - a city park in Bellingham


Long thin waterfalls splashing at our feet


This one surprised me - I saw it coming as we drove along a busy highway - this is taken quickly through the car windshield as Don tried to slow a bit in the traffic.  The entire wall of rocks was one giant waterfall.

Sparkling among the autumn leaves


And ending with Whatcom Falls again


Doesn't a nice glass of water sound good right about now?









































11 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Aren't we lucky to have so much of the stuff when so many parts of the world have none? And not just water but beautiful waterfalls - gladdens the heart in this bitter weather.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

I agree with the Weaver of Grass! Living in the FLAT part of North Texas, I really miss mountains and water! It is sad I get exciting going up or down on ramps and mixmasters!

I love your photo arrangements... how you put the smaller photos on a larger one! Excuse me now... all that water.... I must use the restroom! lol :)

sweetbriardreams said...

I agree with Ann above, I need to pop out a minute! The waterfall at the side of the road is amazing. You are very lucky to have such beauty. Chel x

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Gorgeous photos of waterfalls, JoAnn! I love the collage effect. Don't you love the sound of waterfalls? There is nothing quite like it. The one on the side of the road is amazing! Thanks for sharing. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous photography ~ exquisite ~ love all the water creations ~ ^_^

Nell at njschout said...

Love waterfalls and you have shown a great variety! : )

Jeanne said...

Very pretty... Made me thirsty too.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Lovely waterfalls, especially love the ones in the park in Bellingham.

Kim, USA said...

What we need here in the Philippines. Summer is here and is very hot!! Love these shots!

Thanks in joining Water World Wednesday Kim,USA

betty-NZ said...

Waterfalls area always magical to me. Your photos are gorgeous!

Lissa Forbes said...

Looks like waterfalls are a bit of theme at Walk and Click Wednesday this week. You images are wonderful, JoAnne. Thanks for joining the fun.