Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, October 7, 2013

White Autumn Teapot

As you might know -  or will soon learn - I'm not a fan of the bright autumn colors - no bright oranges for me thank you.  So this weekend Don set out to find me some small white pumpkins - they called them ghost pumpkins.  He found some at the grocery store and surprised me with them - they are just the perfect thing for my tea for two with my new teapot.

We  made a brief stop at Goodwill this last weekend and I always browse through the teapots and dishes - and what  a treasure I found.  I can't believe someone else hadn't snapped it up - I know they put out new merchandise mainly on Wednesdays - and yet there it was - waiting for me on Sunday.  And two matching cups. 



Isn't this the prettiest all-white teapot?  Leaves and berries and flowers, oh my!

Perfect with some white candles and the mini ghost pumpkins



To add a little color I used a green Depression Glass plate for the cookies, and yellow checked napkins

And green Depression Glass saucers for just a little more color, Washington is, after all, the Evergreen State.



A footed Milk Glass cake stand is perfect for setting the teapot on


A few shortbread cookies and we are ready for tea


The top of the lid has a strawberry and leaf - so cute



The front of the teapot has strawberries and flowers and leaves

The back is mostly leaves


Come, sit, enjoy a cup of Constant Comment tea this fine, rainy, blustery autumn day


The ghost pumpkins sit atop upside down dessert dishes.

The tablecloth is a fabulous hand crocheted find on ebay (12.00 if you must know).  My mother had one just like this one when I was a child.


Milk Glass and Depression Glass dessert dishes are just the right size to hold the pumpkins




A wonderful day for tea with friends, I'm so glad you stopped by







Each time I look at this teapot and the cups I like them more and more



Is two cookies enough? There are lots more - and might I add a bit of honey to your tea?











15 comments:

Lorrie said...

I'll take my tea black, thank you. The cookies are delightful! Would love to have tea from that teapot. What a great find!

J said...

You just find the sweetest things and then you know how to arrange them after you get home! I love the little ghost pumpkins - but I do believe you are the very first person I know who is not a fan of orange in the fall!

Kay said...

I swear! The deals must just wait for you! I'm impressed that you found such a nice pot and matching cups. They're perfect! Lucky you!

Carletta said...

A charming teapot and what a lovely table arrangement you achieved!
Hmmmm...not of fan of those autumn colors but I see green and orange and yellow....
A little subdued perhaps but they are there. :)
I saw large white pumpkins the other day but I didn't want to spend five dollars for one.

Anonymous said...

Everything here is just wonderful! I love the teapot, the milk glass pieces, and Constant Comment is my favorite tea. :) Thank you so much for linking up to We Call It Olde. A new party started today, you may want to link it to the new one (Week 2) so you'll get more visits, I'm afraid Week 1 won't be getting as much traffic now. You're welcome to if you like. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Terri said...

You have the best of luck! : )
I am glad for you to find such treasures. I love your white tea pot, and I am drooling over your tablecloth! Gorgeous!

Bernideen said...

The best thing about your teapot is that it will match so many things! What a wonderful table setting and tablecloth! So glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Anonymous said...

I had to come back to thank you for that great info about my vintage beer bottle. I added it to my post and gave you credit, of course. Thanks so much for sharing this at my We Call It Olde Link-Up today. Hope to see you there again! --Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Two Cottages And Tea said...

You are lucky to find your darling teapot and cups! So perfect for a fall day! Wish I could stop by and join you for tea!
Hugs...Nancy

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very pretty tablescape for a subtle nod to fall, JoAnn! I love the leafy teapot and the little white pumpkins on the lacy tablecloth. A nice way to spend a rainy afternoon. Hugs xoxo

Rosie M. said...

I absolutely LOVE your teapot find!! Your post was a beauty to look at ( and I'm drooling over your crocheted tablecloth). A wonderful setting!
Rosie

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a treasure...there is never anything interesting at ours. It looks lovely with the other colors. The cookies look delicious as well! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

Candy S said...

Don't you just love Goodwill? That is one more gorgeous teapot. I love it. I am definitely going to follow your blog so I can see what treasures you find. Have a wonderful day!

Candy

ThrifterSisters said...

So sweet and inviting! I can't believe that someone else didn't snatch up that cute set. I love color but would have grabbed it for sure :-)

~Erica

Sweet Tea N ' Salty Air said...

Your tea set is so cute! What a terrific find Happy thrifting! Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air