Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cottage Style Decorating

I have to give in - summer is gone - autumn is here - rain, blustery, chilly, cozy in the warm house days are here - so it is time to dig into autumn decorating.  Avoiding as much bright orange as I can, I think I've decorated quite well.  I don't decorate a lot, but what I do is fun. Let's have a look around.


Come on in - you are always welcome

Sir and Madam Crow are here to greet you

Come in, make yourself comfy, says Sir Crow

Yes indeedy, we've been waiting, Sir just swept the porch for you

See my lovely black bird and punkin

And a cute little birdhouse at Madam's feet.  We're glad you came.

The sideboard is set with pretty harvest fruits and vegetables

A mini ghost pumpkin in a pear dish (hmmm is that similar to a partridge in a pear tree?)


Little pitcher is great for serving hot soups in, on a blustery autumn day like today.

My newest thrift store find, from Blaine, WA in  a lovely shop, "Needful Things Amour".  A charming shop with a charming owner. She greets you sweetly when you arrive and answers any questions cheerfully.  She also gives classes in painting furniture with chalk pain.  I also got the pear dishes there the same day.  We definitely will go back.

Leaves and vines on the handle of the new pitcher

And one of my all-time favorites, a medium size cabbage soup tureen.  Perfect for autumn dinners.

A few candles and a doily complete the setting

More leaves on the spout of the pitcher.  I like the subdued colors of this pitcher.

And autumn tea is ready for company - read more about this tea and the new teapot HERE.










8 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Not a fan of autumn, love summer! Lovely photos!

greenthumb said...

Looks like fun at your place.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lovely! You're getting in the proper autumnal spirit!

Lorrie said...

Lots of autumn spirit around your place. Looks very cozy. And I love that teapot, as I said earlier.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Tea with Mr and Mrs Crow (and you too of course) - wish I could just pop in.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

If only you were closer, I would pop over and enjoy this tea with you and the Crows. Love it, Jo! Soooo cute.I have a deep and abiding love for dishes that look like veggies and leaves. I can't get enough of them.

BTW, I have missed you. I decided to try and blog today, even though I have a broken hand. Long story, but I did a number on myself. But hey, I'm here, and I posted and I'm blogging!!!

Love you,

Sheila

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love the new dishes...so pretty and perfect for the season! :)

Kay said...

Lovely! You've got a bit of a challenge trying to decorate for fall while avoiding bright orange! That was my mother's all time favorite color, so I'm adjusted to it. There was a long period where she really went over the top, so I tend to stay with more muted tones, too. That new white tea set is just perfect - for any season!