Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

Don't  you just love crows?  They  often visit our yard - they are at the beach - and in the park.

Sometimes they let me take pictures - and sometimes they rush off.  

Sitting on the top of the grandsons' swing set

Looking for something good to eat

Dunking food in the birdbath

Flying away - almost caught the liftoff

Walking along the street

At the beach



Something is buggin' me

Taking off



Fly away birdie

Off we go

It was a very good crow day at Birch Bay



22 comments:

Deb said...

Great shots!!!

mick said...

Great series. The first few photos with the sun gleaming on the plumage are especially good.

greenthumb said...

Great photos.

Karen said...

Terrific captures!

Karen said...

A delightful post, I do like crows. Great captures.

Carole M. said...

enjoyed each of your crow shots; nice series

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautifully detailed photos, JoAnn! I love crows! xx

eileeninmd said...

The crows fly off as soon as they see me looking at them.They are smart. Great captures!

HansHB said...

Lovely photos!
Well done!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes, I do love crows JoAnn - they are almost my favourite birds, particularly the rooks which live in a rookery quite near to our farm.
You have managed to capture 'crowness' well. Oh and by the way - I love your new header.

Pieni Lintu said...

Great shots!!! Crows are so cool birds. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely shots! Crows are fun to watch.

Arija said...

They are just so intelligent, I love 'em too

Light and Voices said...

Moment to moment shots of a crow....just lovely photographs! Take care.
JM Illinois

Sofia said...

Wow! you did capture those fantastic moments!

Kay said...

Lots of crow poses. Only thing missing is the "caw, caw!"

LV said...

A great crow sharing, but they are not my favorite bird in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Stewart M said...

They are smart birds - I really like them!

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

Sofia said...

You captured all the movements!
Nice set.

MitchyLR said...

Great Crow shots!! They're always fun to watch :-)) I'm calling here via 'NF Winged'.

NatureFootstep said...

cool story. :) And shots.