Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, May 17, 2013

Country Whites Weekend

Country Whites Weekend

I love white - in all shades and in all places - some of my favorites - 


White lilacs - we once rented a house that had a white lilac bush in the yard - one day the landlord told us that he was one of the few people that had white lilacs - he said they were quite rare in this area.  Looking around we could see 6 houses, from our front yard, that had white lilacs - and dozens were growing withing a few blocks of us - wonder where he had been looking?

White petunias


White Lavender - confusing name - that's for sure.


Elderberry blossoms


White tulips in with the red and pale yellow

White tree bark

A white bicycle as garden art

A white flowering bush that is not a snowball bush

But it sure is pretty

Whatever it might be

Tiny white flowers in my friend's garden

And what would a post about white be, without one of my favorites - seagulls.

Doing the happy dance!!






14 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful series of white shots, seagulls are my fave birds too.

Kay said...

Nice series. Drat! I wish you knew what that not-snowball tree was. Up close it almost looks like a hydrangea, especially the leaves! It's very pretty. And I like your shots of the gull.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful photos of whites, JoAnn! I've never seen white lavender or lilacs! Love the white tulips. Whatever that tree is, it sure is pretty! xx

Jeanne said...

I love every single one of these!! The happy dance made me smile.

Karen said...

Lots of lovely whites!

Gemma Wiseman said...

That flowering white bush is stunningly beautiful! And what an amazing photo of the seagull's wings! Lovely collection of white photos!

NatureStop said...

Beautiful white blooms and great shots! Have a great weekend!

Shantana

deborah said...

You sound like me, JoAnn! I'm a lover of 'all things white', as well! Your photos are so nice ... I would love to have some of the white lilacs, and white lavender! I've not seen either of those, but would sure love to! And the seagull's happy dance ... loved it!! This is my first time visiting from Floral Love, and I'm so glad I did! Thank you for sharing all these wonderful whites! Your book sounds like something I'd enjoy reading, too! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Mona's Picturesque said...

Popping over to admire your flowers and other whites and to thank you for joining Floral Love!

It’s a privilege to get to host this meme ♥

XO Mona

Anonymous said...

Well, I just did some Google research on that drop dead gorgeous tree in bloom, and it looks as though it's a very mature Phantom Hydrangea. All your whites are lovely! Thanks so much for partying with us!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jo, these are just STUNNING. I love white plants. We have gardenias, Confederate Jasmine, white azaleas, and magnolias in our yard. I love them all.

I really enjoy seeing what you have blooming up your way. This has been lots of fun to see.

I slipped in last night after the brick masons left. Still a MESS, but at least workmen aren't leering in the windows or have me leering out at them. I think it's best to stay out of their way. I'm going back later today, but I wanted a chance to blog. If I'm MIA for a bit, you know why.

Love to you this day and always...

XO,

Sheila

The Farmers Daughter said...

Fantastic whites! Beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for sharing at Country Whites Weekend! You helped make it a great party! Hope to see you again next month! I'm a new follower!
Hugs from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Anonymous said...

Coming from Weekend Garden Party -- White Lavender is my favorite today -- I have not seen enough of it to get my fill - so this is a treat for me -- thanks for sharing..Lovey images in shades of whites..
HUgs

Old Time Cindy said...

Thank you kindly for embracing your country whites and sharing your fabulous photos at Country Whites Weekend. Funny...we both shared our white bikes.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy