Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What My Garden Will Be

It has rained so much this spring that things are a little water logged here, and most of my plants in the deck planers have stopped growing.  They are predicting warmer temperatures later this week and sunshine by the weekend.  I hope so - I have a lot of potting up of plants to do.




It is so green and the woods are thick and lush- guess we can't have green without rain.


Saturday afternoon we had lunch on the deck - and then it started to rain


It rained so hard and so fast that even with the camera set on "action shot"  it looked like this.

Heavy rain - while we sat under the deck umbrella and watched in amazement.

This is what is waiting for me - the new annuals that I bought this past week.

The Marigolds are Don's choices - childhood memories




Thinking that I would get them potted up in the deck railing planters

Waiting to go in the new hanging plant stand I got at a yard sale

Pretty two-color snapdragons - can you hear them singing?  Gently pinch them at the base of the flower and they will happily sing for you. La-la-laaaaa-la-la



A delightfully spicy scented mini carnation

Even in the rain it was sweet smelling.

Close up of the pretty pink Geraniums

So when the rain stops and I can get out on the deck, these will be my new summer flowers.  I can't wait!




5 comments:

MitchyLR said...

Your garden is blooming lovely....it obviously appreciated all that rain :-))

I'm visiting you via 'NF Blo-Ma'

Kay said...

It looks like your garden is blooming no matter where it's planted. It's going to be even more beautiful when you put it all together. That rain is incredible. I know we had rain around here but I was mostly inside listening to music so I missed it.

By the way: The Wooden Boat Festival is my husband's biggest annual event. He goes every year with a buddy of his from California; I went one day last year. It's held in Port Townsend.

Ingmarie We said...

Very lovely flowers! I have also bought some annuals today, among them petunias. Have a nice week.

joanne said...

gorgeous collection! such a joy, aren't they?!!

Unknown said...

Lovely flowers!