Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Favorite Thing

There is nothing like a grandson to cheer you up - unless it is three grandsons.  My little pink camera rides in my pocket - ready to capture grandsons - the two oldest ones often say - there's Grammy with her camera.


But I can't help it - they are so cute!!!!  I wonder how long I'll keep getting away with "cute" with the 11 year old. Oh well, I'm Grammy - I get to do pretty much whatever I want.



For Mother's Day we all went to breakfast - it was a busy day at the cafe - and before breakfast I gave each boy a small box of Legos - they are crazy into Legos - and I'm crazy into giving them gifts - so it works out well.  Jahn-Zyel is explaining his toy to Ben



Jahn watches Ben put his Legos together - some Star Wars Thing


Seems that Ben's Star Wars planet is crashing into his face.  They had so much fun.

I loved sitting across from them at breakfast - got the best photos.




Donnie lives in West Virginia - we get photos often.  This spring he played in the hose a lot.


While Ben did yard work with his hose - notice the Batman pants - he is Batman - doing good for the world!!!


Donnie - in  a basket


My son is trying to teach Donnie to say "cheese" for a photo - is there anything cuter?



Every night when they get home, Donnie insists on doing a little mowing. 


Ben, puotting together another Lego Set we gave him - the Batmobile!!


Jahn on a cool windy day - sitting in the new chair we bought for his new room in their new house.  He came out to the car to get the chair and sat in it immediately - testing it - he declared it perfect!

So now you see - three favorite things - aren't they just perfect?!?!!



11 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I would have to agree with you, Jo, they are, indeed, perfect! Loved these pictures. Such darling youngsters. You got some great shots there, and it looks like your son has inherited his mother's gift with the camera.

xo,

Sheila

J said...

Your grandsons are such handsome young men - and of course they adore their Grammy! I had to laugh at your comment - "Oh well, I'm Grammy - I get to do pretty much whatever I want!" My philosophy exactly - in face I think I may have used that exact same quote in one or more of my own posts!
"Grammy's Rule!" - right, JoAnn?

Kay said...

Nothing cuter! Nothing!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These little guy's brought smiles to my face! They are precious! Love that big 'cheesy' grin and the batman pants. They are lucky boys to have such a sweet Grammy who brings them lego's and chairs! Wonderful to see them, they are just as cute as can be! Hugs, xoxo

Mary said...

Nope! Nothing cuter for sure! Love the pic of Donnie and his little lawn mower.. all your photos are marvelous. :) Legos! What IS it about them? My niece and nephew love them too. I think it gives them a chance to create and build all kinds of neat things!

gardenbug said...

NOTHING beats grandchildren!!! They are perfect indeed. I too have the "gift disease"...but figure it is excusable because we are so far apart. Photos of my 3 are a necessity. I crumble when I don't see their antics after a few days....
From the very first meeting with my "Bonus" grandson, I began sending him booklets of photos of our visits. He must have at least 10 by now and he loves receiving them. He even took them to the hospital when he had surgery. They make a kind of diary of his life in a way....

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Oh they are all so beautiful! :)

As to "Cheese!" when Brent was around 2 or so he would do "Cheese" but close his eyes as well so your littlest is doing better! :)

It's Just Dottie said...

Grandsons are so much fun. I so enjoy mine. The oldest is 26 and the youngest is 2.
Smiles, Dottie

joy said...

Your grandsons are great. My grandsons, at 15 and 11, hide from the camera when it comes out, so I can only get sneeky pics when they aren't looking. The granddaughters are another matter, the two year-old knows exactly how to pose and the newborn baby is gorgeous.
Joy xx

Claudia said...

They are adorable! I think there's nothing better than seeing a child laugh - and your grandsons are obviously happy children.

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Such happy cuties! Happy belated Grammy's Day!