Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh So Many Flowers

Spring is Washington is almost overwhelming - everything blooms - and smells so good.  Most yards have flowers and shrubs that are glorious this time of the year.  Spring lasts a good long time here because of our cool climate. The spring flowers hang on and our world is bright with them.




An amazing Clematis growing along a plain old chain link fence - dazzling!

Primroses - these have been blooming for 2 1/2 months now

 Lilacs - every color you can  imagine - hedges and rows and single bushes - all are delightful

The pink Rhododendrons are in full bloom - everywhere you look.

It is a glorious spring!

8 comments:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I think that I should move there! :)

Right Next Door too! :)

Happy Mothers Day..I already know that you are a super mom, after going back through your older blog posts awhile back and seeing all of those Star Quilts..I hold you in awe, sweet lady! :) Your children and grandchildren are very lucky to have you :)

Karen said...

Beautiful shots of these spring flowers. I love the pretty pinks and mauves.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So very pretty, JoAnn! I love that pink clematis and the primroses! xoxo

sweetbriardreams said...

Such lovely colours! I love the pink against the white picket fence. Have a great week. xx

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jo, these are stunning! I would be in heaven there because there is nothing I love more than flowers in bloom, and fragrant ones are even better. We are about bloomed out with the exception of the magnolias (which are gorgeous and fragrant) and the Confederate Jasmine (which is covering the fence and smells wonderful, too). But those pinks! Those pinks! I don't know if I have ever seen rhododendrons in bloom, but I thought they were similar to azaleas. However, these seem to be much fluffier and prettier. Love!

XO,

Sheila

Kay said...

That clematis is just gorgeous! I've been seeing the same beautiful blossoms on the Olympic Peninsula. . .but spring never lasts long enough for me. I'd love to have those lilacs for months and months!

Faye said...

The flowers just love your abundant rainfall, don't they? And that clematis is amazing and how smart of the gardener to plant it to climb a chain link fence--something that can stand up to the agressiveness of this plant.

Bernideen said...

Oh how beautiful!