Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, May 24, 2013

Random 5 Friday

Friday - time for randomosity (don't you like that word?)

For your entertainment I've added some  photos of birdhouses - I picked 10 - so each random fact gets two photos.   Enjoy 

1. When I played baseball (lo these many years ago) I batted right handed, but threw and caught left handed.  I could really whack that ball too.  Everything else I do left handed.

Nobody home in this baseball birdhouse in the winter

A travel trailer for birds - hope they don't get too hot in there

2. I have lace curtains in my house - lots lace curtains - I love the sun filtering through the lace.

A sweet birdie posed very nicely for me on the telephone birdhouse

In my friend Susannah's yard - you can see the bird going in the hole to feed the babies

3. I put spiders and bugs outdoors.  I have a butterfly net that I got at the Dollar Store - I capture the bugs and out they go. 

Two  wall of birdhouses - one on a store in LaConner

Another on the side of a barn

4. I ate tuna sandwiches every day in my school lunch - home  made bread and tuna - delicious.  My friends said I was probably part tuna by the time I graduated from high school.

This is actually a bird feeder - but shaped like a house, so it gets to be included

A real traffic stopper

5. When I read a magazine I start from the back and go forward.  I find all the ads at the beginning of a magazine to be annoying, so I start at the back.  Then when I get to the ads I reverse and go back and read the articles that looked interesting - or look at the pretty photos - that way I skip most of the ads.

Birdhouses by the lake

And in the woods


                            

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to do your Friday's fave five. It was nice getting to know you a bit.
Tuna is a fave sandwich of mine. And I lived in Anchorage for a little over a year when I was in the 1st grade (mid 60's).
The stoplight birdhouses are my favourite.

Lynn said...

What wonderful bird houses!! I'm left handed but hit right, used a left handed glove so that was okay, I love magazine ads mostly for their photographs..my cousin tears them out if she can...

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

LOVE those birdhouses! I often read a magazine or newspaper from back to front, too. Great to have you join FFF.

Mary said...

I thought i was the only person in the Universe who reads mags from back to front! It's so nice to know i'm not alone. Lol.

I love all your pics of birdhouses! They're wonderful. I like the trailer one best!

Tami Von Zalez said...

That telephone birdhouse is tres cute.

I used to eat a bologna sandwich and an apple every day for lunch when I was in school. Never deviated. To think of all the pizza Fridays I missed ...


Popped by from Random 5 Friday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Neat birdhouse finds! My Uncle is a birdhouse builder. I need to talk him in to making me one.

I am a lefty too!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Robyn
http://theranchwifechronicles.com/

Faith said...

I love the bird houses!! Tuna is brain power food so good for you!! I have NEVER met any one (like me) who reads a mag starting in the back......I finally found someone!! Like you, i HATE all those ads...UGH!!! great FFF list!

Kay said...

What a great assortment of birdhouses! Wonderful captures! I wouldn't mind having a few of these in my neighborhood. (I trap insects and spiders, too - usually with a piece of stiff paper and a glass.)

eileeninmd said...

I love tuna sandwiches too. I love the collection of birdhouses. So cool! The traffic stopper was one of my favorites. Have a happy weekend!

greenthumb said...

Oh I love them all, I would some in my garden.

Nancy said...

Love the collection of birdhouses! So cute -- I could hoard them for sure.

Thank you for joining in again this week. Always enjoy learning more about you. xo

My Little Home and Garden said...

I can relate to your affection for lace curtains. I have loads of them here and love the way the light comes through them and how they blow in the breeze on a nice day.

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love all birdhouses. I used to make and sell them. I kept track of where they ended up for years. Some in Alaska,Texas,New York, North Carolina and on and on. You can see a few of them on my blog. Right side under birdhouses, if you like.

Jeanne said...

How wonderful!! I love each and every one of these birdhouses!! Great shots!!

amanda said...

Such a fun Random Five! Part tuna - makes me smile. :) Our older boys ate PB&J every day of their life until 7th grade. Our 10 year old eats PB & honey every day. They never tire of the same old thing!

Those same older boys - our 15 year old twins, just had their varsity baseball playoff game today and won! They can really whack that ball, too. Today was a fun game.

Great birdhouses.. great post!

Susanne said...

Birds and birdhouses...LOVE!

My husband puts bugs and spiders outside too.