Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Fences

Do you have certain roads you drive down over and over?  We have several favorites and each time we drive there we seem to see something new and different.


We've seen this lovely old fence before, but never with flowers in front of it

Solomon's Seal - why have I never in my life seen this flower before?

It was a rainy day - but still perfect for some pictures

I love the delicate little bells on the underside of each stem.  
By this time it was raining hard and we could hear
the drops as they hit the leaves

The rain on the leaves was just an added bonus that day.  A lovely old fence and lovely flowers.




11 comments:

LV said...

What an interesting and different fence sight. I have seen them similar to this, but never with those flowers. Nice job.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Wooden fences are my faves!

Neglected Fence

Faye said...

Soloman's seal looks like a good sturdy garden plant with the bonus of those tiny bell-shaped flowers. We don't plant it here that much either. The old split rail fences are the perfect backdrop for plantings.

Yesterday I was having your opposite photo problem--too much sun washing out shots. I'll take your rain any time.

Kay said...

I don't think I've ever seen Soloman's seal. What a great-looking plant! Those little bell flowers are wonderful! And, of course, a split rail fence is always good looking. What a pretty scene!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've never seen that flower before either. gorgeous blooms. i do have several roads i enjoy over & over. i enjoy finding new treasures each & every time. too fun! ( :

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Neat fence, and super neat little flowers. :-)

Carletta said...

I can almost "smell" the rain!

Julie Fukuda said...

Those leaves must have an interesting texture that the rain beads up rather than wet the leaves. How very pretty, and I can smell the rain.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a pretty scene! I have never seen those types of flowers, either. They are so interesting and delicate. It's amazing how we can drive down the same road every day and still find something new. You just have to have eyes that 'see'! You always find something special, JoAnn! xo

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for sharing Solomon's Seal flowers...me too, never noticed them and they are great for landscaping.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely entrance.