Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Scavenger Hunt

Scavenger hunt time - a hunting we will go.

BACKGROUND

I thought this might be the hardest - but I found things in the background - I'm guessing that is what background means - at least the is what is means to me.

Clouds and islands in the background at the beach

A farm in the backgournd of daffodil fields



Sunset in the background of the trees at the cemetery

Canada in the background 

And there is a cat in the background - at my living room window.  The neighbor's cat is looking at me - I think he wants me to not notice that he likes to sit right next to the bird feeders.

SPOTTED OR DOTS

I thought the California Poppies we saw today looked like polka dots in the lawn

WEATHER

Rainy weather

It must be nice weather - the flamingos are out at the ferry terminal on Lummi Island

MOTION

Pintail Ducks at bath time




Ring Necked Ducks heading out


SWEET

Cranberry Orange Scones I baked this week.


Lilacs have one of the sweetest scents of spring.






19 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love the way these single words prompt such good photographs JoAnn.

sweetbriardreams said...

I always love to look at the backgrounds, I get a nice surprise when seeing what my shot was and any added bonuses for the background is great!

Patrice said...

Fabulous - love that field of daffodils!

Tamar SB said...

These are just gorgeous!! Love all the flower pictures!

DrillerAA09 said...

The daffodil field is beautiful. I think it might be my favorite capture here.

Ailime said...

Olá amiga, fotos fabulosas. Adorei todas! Aqui em Portugal através da sua foto visitei o Canadá ao longe onde está o meu filho mais velho!Esteve em NY seis anos e neste momento está na Universidade de Toronto. Abraços. Ailime

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That sounds like a fun meme. I might want to join you if I can ever get my camera back! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great selections for this week's challenge.

Sarah Cass said...

I love the daffodil field...beautiful. The first background shot with the islands in the background in stunning in its simplicity.

Pondside said...

Helloooooo - waving from the background in Canada!
That first photo of the water is truly beautiful.

abrianna said...

That first photo is beautiful. And the daffodil fields and the lilacs...oh the lilacs!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great photos for the prompts! I especially like the California Poppies and the lilacs.

Nicki said...

You got some really neat shots this week - I am especially drawn to the daffodil field and barn as well as the sunset background shots.

Honey Mommy said...

Love your flower polka dots. I also had to laugh at your flamingos! You found lots of break background pictures. Great set this week!

Kay said...

Nice shots, but the scones caught my attention (it's past lunchtime!). Love seeing the ducks in action and, of course, the daffodils and the lilacs.

Karen said...

Lovely background shots, love the cat one.

Mary said...

Beautiful photos all! Those clouds 'behind' the beach. So many wonderful shades of white and blue! And what a pretty.. though mischievous.. kitty!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

These Scavenger Hunt posts of yours are so much fun!

lol LOVE the kitty staring at you! :)

Unknown said...

Great movement shots