I was thinking about flowers - and the flower collages I have made over the years - you'd be surprised. So with my 5 Random Thoughts today I decided to share - or re-share the flower collages - I have so many I could make a collage of collages - but we won't go there.
So 5 Random Things about me - let me think.
1. I like to design things - I've designed quilts - and even made them when I was done designing. I drew out and designed a green house when we lived in California - Don did the building. I designed our new deck because I didn't like the designs available - I enjoy designing.
2. I can do math in my head - long, complicated, complex numbers of addition and subtraction, but multiplication baffles me and makes my brain soggy.
3. My favorite part of gardening is picking - flowers, vegetables - it doesn't matter which - I love to harvest. When our oldest daughter and I would garden together in California, we would do a harvest dance, carrying our harvest in the house, singing and dancing. (We were the ones singing and dancing - not the vegetables - just in case you were wondering.)
3. I like wind - and storms - and rain - and wild seas. I like the energy before a storm and the glory of a good strong storm - you can leave out tornadoes and hurricanes - otherwise I love a good stormy day.
4. I collect watermelon "things". Once I even painted our mailbox to look like a slice of watermelon. We were easy to find - go down our road until you come to the watermelon mailbox - turn and go up the hill to our house. I have enough watermelon items to do another whole post - watch for it soon. You have been warned!
5. I love hot air balloons but have no desire to go up in one. I will chase them to take photos - I will watch in awe and wonder - but I won't ride in one. So you want to put me in a little basket, attached to a flammable meltable balloon and then put a big fire inside it? I think I'll pass.