Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scavenger Hunt

Don't you just love scavenger hunts?  Anticipation - wondering what you will find - finding something great!!!

Let's Go!

PERSPECTIVE

We are so small - when compared with the mountain.  .  .  

A Bald Eagle overlooking the harbor at Blaine .  .  .

Mt Baker, boats in the bay and clouds - from the top of a mountain on Orcas Island

Washington State Ferry

GOLDEN 

Roses on a fence .  .  . 

In the rain.  .  .

On a sunny day.  .  . 

BLOOM

Spring garden.  .  . 

One single bloom .  .  .


DARK

It is dark in the woods - these mushrooms make tiny lights for the fairies .  .  .

A ray of sunlight in the dark.  .  .

A dark house on a dark day.  .  .

LOCAL

 
There is a house not too far from us  that has a Statue of Liberty painted on it - it is quite a popular place to take photos.

And very local - our oldest daughter and her family's home, all decked out for spring.  They have since changed the deck and painted the house a different color - and I don't think the daffodils are still in the planter - but it is very local.







15 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

I have never been fortunate enough to see a bald eagle in person. Such beauty and power...I can't even imagine.

sweetbriardreams said...

Every photo I was saying 'Wow!'. The eagle is amazing and to see the mountain is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Chel x

Unknown said...

Your photos look amazing. Loving all of them.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love those photos. I remember seeing the tops of the mountains seemingly floating in the sky. Mount Rainier Looked like a giant strawberry sundae with the sunset reflected off the snow.

Ailime said...

Adorei todas as fotos! Estão fantásticas. O olhar sobre as montanhas, as flores amarelas mesmo pinceladas pelas chuvas e a casa da sua filha é linda. Abraço Ailime

Tamar SB said...

Great shots!! Love the sunset on Mt. Rainer!

Karen said...

Your roses in the rain are so pretty!

Pondside said...

That was fun! We couldn't see Mt Baker yesterday, but it was bold and beautiful on Thursday and Friday.

Dave said...

Great shots When ever I see the Washington ferries it reminds me of one of the best vacations I ever took. My brothers and I bicycled around the San Juan Islands for 8 days. You live in a beautiful part of the country.

abrianna said...

My favorite is the single yellow rose. Such a bright calm feeling that picture gives me.

Fundy Blue said...

I haven't photographed many flowers in the rain. What a fresh perspective! :)

Ida said...

Wonderful photos. Such pretty views in your Perspective shots.
I enjoyed your set very much.

Kay said...

I especially like "golden" and "blooms." Most of the climbing roses I've seen are pink. I like the yellow!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Tiny mushroom lights for fairies..my favorite! :)

This could be a little fairy tale start for a story...

Your dolls went for a walk...

AND THEN?

:)


Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Breathtaking, JoAnn! Love the views of the water with the mountains and the sunlight in the forest! I love your daughter's sweet little cottage! And those yellow roses are amazing! xoxo