Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year


Today is an ephemeral ghost... A strange amazing day that comes only once every four years. For the rest of the time it does not "exist".

It basically means we take a "leap" in time, when the calendar has to be adjusted to make up the extra seconds accumulated over the past three years - a little tune up for our calendar.


But today holds another secret - one of those rare moments of delightful transition and opportunity.

A day of unlocked potential.

Should you or shouldn't you? Could you or couldn't you? Will you or won't you?

Let's use this day to do something different, something daring, something extraordinary, maybe even unlike things you might do on 'regular' days. Take a chance - be more compassionate - love unconditionally - throw caution to the wind - make a drastic change - begin a new path. What will you do today?

11 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like the idea of doing something unusual today for leap year! That sounds like fun!

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the idea but Monday 4:am is rice balls to the homeless. I don't think those people are following a calendar or even know the day of the week. I did have a special afternoon with a friend from out of the past with 45+ years of catching up before she flies off home.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Nice idea to do something special on this day! I need to remember this for next time. It was a bit of an ordinary day for me but an enjoyable one filled with sunshine.

Maggie said...

I think this is a great idea. I was amused that my brother in law was busy in the conservation part of the farm cutting back scrub till sun down. This was work that had to be done by the cut off time of 1st March. Made me smile that last year or even next year there would not be that extra day to do it!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a great idea. Hubby and I went to a local park for a walk on Leap Day! Beautiful scenes and photos.

Have a happy day!

Peggy said...

What a great idea! Too bad I read this too late to follow the plan, plus I was sick yesterday, so not doing much of anything. Have to try to remember for 2020 (ooh, doesn't that sound like a year out of science fiction).

Unknown said...

Enjoy your new challenge whatever it may be. I know with spring I will be outside more playing with my flowers.

Rose said...

This is a great post....we met someone yesterday that was so much fun!

Kay said...

Nice idea! A leap day is worth some special observation. The dandelions are a perfect image for it, too. (BTW: I love your spring header!)

Lorrie said...

A great idea, JoAnn. But since I didn't read this post until the 1st, I won't wait for another four years. Kindness can be shown every day. A good reminder to think of others.

J said...

Your idea of celebrating the day is superior to mine. I was concentrating on the great sale at a children's clothing site where I buy for my grandkids. But we'd be wise to take your advice every day!