A sunny day in February and the fields of Daffodils in Skagit (sounds like gadget) County are blooming. Already! A month early again - the color is so bright it almost blinds one
On thousands of acres in NW WA - almost all of it in Skagit County - are grown daffodils. They are not for cut flowers - those have to be picked while still in tight bud. These are grown for the bulbs and sold all over the world.
1. You will almost always find a bouquet of daffodils in our house during February and March - some from the fields of local farmers (some fields are grown for local sales of flowers) - some from the grocery stores - all wonderful.
Friday's Hunt - something blue - the gorgeous hills and sky - with daffodils in the foreground. (You knew I'd sneak Mt. Baker in here someplace, you know me so well)
2. A bouquet from last year - along with some pansies from my deck.
Week's Favorite - Daffodils, a farm and Mt. Baker - the perfect combination
3. Ahhh the heavenly scent of Daffodils. They got their name from the scent - it was said that the scent made Victorian ladies a bit daffy.
Starts with "I" - Immense fields of flowers
4. Daffodil bouquets and milk glass - spring for sure!!
5. A pitcher full of daffodils
And my favorite daffodil holder - our youngest daughter at 16 months - ready to leave Alaska on the plane for Texas to visit Don's dad and step-mother. 1967