Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, February 4, 2016

January Scavenger Hunt

This month it is 12 photos of our own choosing.  I found it a bit harder to pick the photos this way than to have a list - I like looking for ways to get photos  to match a list - but this was fun too - once I got going.
 A dove in a leafless tree
 Pretties in my "new" china cabinet

 A horse in the polo field in Skagit County
 More pretties in the china cabinet
 Tractor mailbox

 Maple leaf under a thin layer of ice on a frosty patio table
 If you scroll up and down on the windmill photo it appears to be moving
 Crab pot markers and floats on Lummi Island


10 comments:

Kay said...

I love that frozen maple leaf. It looks like an abstract. And your eagle shot is superb! I love the definition you got on its feathers - and those eyes! Eagle eyes are so beautiful!

Julie Fukuda said...

I think having a list causes you to notice more possibilities wherever you go. Coming up with your own list gives an opportunity for those pictures that may have been bumped when the first list was chosen.

Maggie said...

What a lovely set of pictures and I like the way you have given us a taster with the collage at the beginning. Yes the windmill works but did make myself slightly dizzy scrolling up and down!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That tractor mailbox is pretty cool.

Small City Scenes said...

Love the Scavenger Hunt. Funny about the windmill moving.
MB

Pondside said...

First of all, your header is just beautiful. I enjoyed looking at each photo.
It looks like you had a lot of fun finding those photos. There's just something about the horse, still in the field. They always look so wise.

Fiona said...

What a stunning photo of the eagle, he looks so majestic. I'm intrigued to know why that doll is holding a carrot!

Susie said...

JoAnn, I loved all your pictures. The horse was so pretty and who doesn't love seeing eagles. Wonderful. Hope you have a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

These are all lovely but my favorite is that maple leaf under ice! :)

J said...

The windmill trick works! It moves!
I love the majestic shot of the eagle - you saved the best for last!