Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday Wee Ones - St. Patrick's Day

We're all dressed up in our St. Patrick's Day outfits - lots of green and shamrocks.  Faith 'n Begorah 

 Some green hats - come join the party
 Would you like a mint milk shake?

 Maybe a little shopping, with our new 
bags to match our outfits

 New surfer shorts - where's the beach?
 Capris for springtime - and new white crocs
 Poppy will bake us some cookies 
in her shamrock apron
 Dance an Irish Jig!



And look what we found-a daffodil tree! 
It's a pot of gold!





                     Lots of dolls to visit today

                                    Diane 







 Apron - McCalls 6451 - bottom right
T-shirts - top left
 Skirt and bags - Simplicity 3936
Capris - Butterick 600 - top center
Pattern for Capris was adapted
to make the surfer shorts

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cute shamrock fabric!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just have to say I love that last pattern...what a treasure! And all of your 'kids' look so sweet in the wearing of the green. I looked around and one of my dolls has on green! I'll have to make a little vignette with her. Of course I think the little bags are the mostest! Everything is sweet my friend. I'll have a mint milkshake for sure! Lots of sweet hugs, Diane

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS Did you use a pattern for the cute bags? HUGS!!!

Amy at love made my home said...

They look all set for a great day! xx

Candy S said...

What fun you must be having to create such sweet outfits for the kids to wear for Saint Patrick's Day. Every one look's like they are ready to party well into the wee hours of the night. The root beer will be flowing tonight! I love the little hats and the shamrock glasses, they add so much to the festive nature of the pictures.

Thank you for the pattern info. I really like the Butterick pattern. The little slip and undies is super precious. I will have to see if I can find that one at JoAnn's when they have another pattern sale. I used the "A" view of the Simplicity pattern last fall for Little Joe's ruffled skirts. They came out super cute.

Have a very Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Hugs,
Candy

Kay said...

What cuties! You've been busy at your sewing machine and done a great job with their St. Patrick's Day outfits.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think that holiday needs to go on for more than one day. The outfits are such fun and I like the little handbags too. So, the patterns are for an 18 inch doll, I guess they would be useful for any doll in that range.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

JoAnn, all so cute!! Shh, I think my favorite is the shamrock apron with the black tights, but don't let that slip. You should never favor one over the other!!At least that is what my kids always said!! But then, they never found a daffodil tree either!!. I peeked back to your last post which I missed. Love the old trucks. My grandparents always had an old truck sitting around the fields. Was a favorite playing spot way back then..Happy Thursday..Judy

J said...

St. Patrick's Day seems like so long ago! And makes me realize how backlogged I am in visiting my favorite blogs! The kids look terrific! I especially like the perfectly sized hats!