Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter-Birthday Dinner

My birthday this year was so close to Easter that we decided to combine the two.  
Spring - Easter - Birthday - perfect combination.
Spring tablecloth, spring teapot centerpiece, tulip bouquet, a few early desserts

 My dolls would like to help you take 
your tour of our day 
 They especially want to point out the chocolate bird nests and the Twinkie/Peeps racing cars
 And the "cup"cakes in the pink baking cups
Have you ever seen 70 daffodils 
in one place before?
 Since it is my birthday celebration - I'll let you "guess" how old I am.
 Getting ready to set the table - MacBeth Owens bowls - vintage 1950s glasses
 Spring flower pot napkin rings 
hand painted by me
 Plate and bowls are vintage MacBeth Owens, collected over the years.  
 My favorite spring tablecloth




 Let's share the daffodils - every place 
setting gets a bouquet



 Let's put them all on the table 
oh the scent is heavenly!
 The Depression Glass sherbet dish makes an interesting design on the small bowl




Flatware is vintage sterling
 Let's eat


 Silicon baking cups - shaped like teacups - perfect for a spring dessert
 Bunny bums cupcakes - sheep cupcakes and chocolate bird nests with malted milk eggs
 And a butterfly birthday cake - baked by our youngest daughter - formed into a butterfly by cutting in half and reversing the halves.  Just like my grandmother used to do my me and my cousin (our birthdays are 5 days apart - but she is 360 days older than me) when we celebrated our birthdays together in our early years in California.  The cake is an apple cake - the same kind I've had for my birthday since I was 5.
And of course we had the traditional Easter fun - the grandsons had silly string escapades 

And colored and hunted eggs
 Daffodils all around the house - bouquets everywhere - on the tea cup china cabinet.
 In the kitchen window - and again the tea cup china cabinet
 On the piano
 On the racing car dessert plate - watch out for fast drivers - peep peep!!!  And on my bed table
On our dresser

It was a lovely birthday - my family does know how to put on a party!

Tuesday's Treasures
No Place Like Home
BCTTCG
Tuesday Cup of Tea
Tea Cup Tuesday

21 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday, JoAnn! What a lovely table and beautiful daffies. The food and desserts look delicious. The cupcakes are just adorable. Lovely post and photos. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What an amazing way to celebrate a birthday! I love all the pastel and your love of vintage. Have a wonderful birthday year. Blessings, Martha

Tom said...

what a colorful celebration...Happy Birthday

Marigene said...

Your family sure knows how to celebrate a birthday! Everything looks perfect...70 daffodils must have permeated the air with their wonderful intoxicating scent.
The bunny butt cupcakes are adorable!
But...best of all is the vintage tablescape...gorgeous dishes, JoAnn. The flower pot napkin rings are so perfect with the checked napkins.
I think you had a very happy birthday...now wishing you a great year!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday! Those bunny bum cupcakes are too cute. But OMG, those twinkie race cars being driven by Peeps bunnies -- love them!

Barbara said...

Happy birthday, what a wonderful fun birthday table full of lovely food. I love all the daffodils.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh my, I can just imagine the scent from all those beautiful daffodils! What a fun party! The bunny bums are too cute. I love the flower pot napkin rings; they are really sweet! Happy Birthday JoAnn! It's lovely to have your family celebrate you in this fun way. Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a great week.

Blessings,
Sandi

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday fun for sure! Oh, the daffodils are gorgeous! And how great to share your special day with your family. Did anyone get that crazy string on you? I love all of your beautiful dishes and even your dolls helped you celebrate! I have a post ready for tomorrow! See you then! Hugs, Diane

Kim said...

What a glorious pastel-filled celebration. Your celebratory table looks so pretty with those delicious treats and all your gorgeous china. Love your napkin rings and the tablecloth is awash with Spring prettiness. Happy Birthday, JoAnn....may you have another 70 fun-filled years of celebrations!

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration. All the daffodils do add a festive and bright touch. The goodies look so yummy!

Bernideen said...

Dear JoAnn:
First of all "Happy Birthday" to you! Shall I sing it? It looks like a wonderful meal and a lovely gathering of celebration. Thanks so much for sharing and linking all your pretty decorations and table setting. The daffodils were amazing.

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, JoAnn! What a delightful way to celebrate a milestone birthday. I adore everything from the super cute treats to the teawares.

Kay said...

Happy, happy birthday, JoAnn!
What a wonderful party! Everything looks so wonderful and it's certainly brightened by an abundance of daffodils. The desserts look like such fun! I especially love those bunny bums. Now that's what I call fun with food!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- now that is what I call a perfectly awesome Easter/birthday/springtime whimsical fun tablescape! All those adorable desserts, your pretty dollies all dressed up for the occasion, your napkin rings, and those daffodils- wow wow wow what a fun one!

Happy birthday, dear lady! May your year be absolutely wonderful - and many more happy birthdays to come, filled with peace, laughter, good health and love. Hugs.

Julie Fukuda said...

I agree that is an awesome celebration. Other that choir for three services, I have to admit no other preparations for the day were made. Maybe I should change the doll clothes to something more like spring but it is still rather cold here.

Tom said...

Your home is full of treasures, thanks for sharing some this week. What will come next?

Candy S said...

Happy Birthday JoAnn!!! Everything looked delightfully Spring like at your house for your Easter and birthday celebration. The Peeps driving their Twinkie racing cars are the cutest ever and the teacup cupcakes are adorable too. All of the food looks wonderful. The vintage MacBeth Owens pastel colored bowls and plates are perfect to set a beautiful Spring table. Love all of the daffodils!

Hugs,
Candy

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh JoAnn Happy Birthday, what a truly lovely post.
Your daffodils are just lovely and I'm sure I could smell their wonderful scent.

All the best Jan

J said...

WOW! You didn't miss a thing! This is just the sweetest Easter table I've ever seen! I just adore all your crafty food treats - the bunny butts! the Peeps in cars! the bird nests! And your dollies just gracing it all in their spring finery. And to top it off - you - just a spring chick yourself! - celebrating another happy year ahead with every-bunny you love!

Cynthia said...

I love all your pretty, pastel dishes and the daffodils - - -WOW! Very, very pretty table. The dolls look so Springy festive with their flower crowns. What a sweet way to celebrate Easter and your big day. Happy Birthday! I'm visiting through Bernideen's Tea Time. . .

Lori E said...

Hippity hoppity happity birthday to you!!!

Your table is just fabulous. I ketp thinking look at that, look at that... love it all but the teacup baking cups and your little rack with the vintage glasses most of all. How special.