Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Scavenger Hunt

I had a great time with the February Scavenger Hunt - let's see what I found
1. GREEN

Green hay field in front of a barn 

2. Two
 One of me - two of me
Two of us - Trumpeter Swans

3. COOL
A cool Bald Eagle in front of snowy Mt. Baker

4. SOMEWHERE YOU WENT
We went to one of our favorite produce stands.  They are open a good part of the year - with plants in the spring - fruits and vegetables in the summer and autumn and fresh  cut christmas trees - plus soups, breads and fudge all seasons.

5. UP
My best shot of a Red Tail Hawk flying up out of a tree.

6. FRAME
Cormorants framed by trees and shrubs

7. FROM A LOW ANGLE
Dove up high in  a tree.

8. ON THE SHELF
I've used this one before - but just love the look of the teapots on a shelf.

9. WRITING
We were amused by this sign on a Llama ranch.

10. INSIDE
Starlings, in their winter frocks, eating the inside of an apple.

11. LINE
Lines of a potato field that was never harvested - with lines of Snow Geese

12. SHAPE
Round Chickadee plates in an oblong portion of my new china cabinet.


11 comments:

Kay said...

I especially like the reflections you caught of the cormorants. And in addition to your tea pots I like the scallops on the cloths under them on your shelf. It sets them off very nicely!

Julie Fukuda said...

Of course those teapots had to show off. They do look lovely (and loved) on that shelf.

Fil said...

Your bird photos are just fabulous - the hawk in particular. And the Deli :) :)
Fil @ Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

Fiona said...

Superb pic of the cormorants and lovely composition of the starlings.
Deli Llama! Hilarious!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, these are all wonderful images from February! I love the swans, they are probably my favorite. Have a happy day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Deli Llama, LOL!

Small City Scenes said...

Great scavenger hunt. I have always liked the Llama sign and sometimes wondered if anyone but me 'got it'. You do--good.
MB

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures for your scavenger hunt. Your bird images are lovely. I also love the idea of the produce shop, it looks interesting x

Amanda Peters said...

Wonderful set of photos, loving the birds..
Amanda xx

Julie said...

I always love your nature inspired posts. I can't get enough of red barns so that's definitely a favourite. Love the acrobatic starlings and the upside down cormorants too. x

J said...

Such beautiful shots. My favorite is the pair of starlings with the apple. Very striking!