Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, April 14, 2014

Planting Pansies

I couldn't wait for the warmer weather - I had to have some pansies.  All  the stores have them out front, grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement stores, garden centers, farm stands - I just had to have pansies.

So many to pick from

Some of every color and size
A railing planter with purple pansies


A tall planter with different shades of yellow pansies


One left - only one pink one - guess I'll have to go back and get two more to fill up this planter
And some Sweet Peas - I'll repot those later when they are a bit bigger.  Some are bush Sweet Peas and some are the lower growing mounding type.  My deck will smell so good this summer.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Pansies are so beautiful it's hard to choose! And how nice it will be when those sweet peas are blooming...those are a favorite, too.

Lorrie said...

Pansies do well at this time of year. My winter ones have recently begun to bloom again. Hooray for color!

Julie Fukuda said...

Pansies are the going thing from the beginning of winter here in Tokyo. They seem to manage with the cold weather pretty well.

Candy S said...

I love pansies in the early spring. Most years I plant pansies and Violas in the fall and they are blooming for the first warm spring days. This year I lost all but a handful of them. I ended up buying several baskets at the Home Depot over the weekend. We had two + inches of snow yesterday and the baskets are now crushed under the weight of the snow. I hope they make it.