Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lake Padden

Any  day is a good day for kayakers and canoeists on Lake Padden.  It is a city park - with  no houses on the entire lake.  There are picnic areas, a playground, baseball diamonds, a dog park, a swimming beach and hiking and horse trails
This kayaker could use her paddle - or her foot pedals.  I'd never seen a kayak with foot pedals before
Gliding in for a landing
And along came a canoe
Slipping through the water
Stopping to look quietly at the ducks
And on the way out of the park - just across the street - and not in the park - is one of our favorite houses.  It has recently been sold and the new owners have painted and restored it  - there are two wicker rockers on the front porch, and a quick hike across the field and they are at the entrance to the park.

9 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love that lovely wooden house JoAnn

Lynda (Granny K) said...

It looks like a beautiful, peaceful spot. I would like to sit in one of those rockers and just enjoy the scenery and the wildlife (but no scary bears please!).

Small City Scenes said...

I like that house too. Nice lake for canoes. I have never seen foot pedals on a kayak either. Hmmmmmm. MB

Peggy said...

What a beautiful lake - and how fabulous would it be to be able to live right across the street. Now that's my dream house!

Lorrie said...

A kayak with the option of foot pedals is a great idea. Love the lake photos with the light on the water. A beautiful place for fun and contemplation.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi JoAnn. Looks like a beautiful park, but that little cottage caught my eye. I always wish we had put a red roof on ours and painted it yellow. So cheery..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Kay said...

My husband had a boat like that - a Hobie Mirage. (He flirts with boats like some women go through shoes.) And there have been a few canoes, but he seems to prefer rowing to paddling.

I can see why that's a favorite house - it looks adorable, and what a perfect location! Their work will pay off in a "just right" home.

greenthumb said...

Looks like a nice way to spend a day.

Julie Fukuda said...

My SIL has a kayak with pedals. I have to admit, I prefer a canoe.