Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, April 28, 2014

Friends Sharing Tea - A Springtime Tea

It is still too chilly in the garden to have tea outdoors - but this tea from last year helps me feel that the warm days are coming - and soon we'll be sharing our tea in the fresh warm days of spring - soon.

This set is one of my favorites - though it isn't really a tea set - it is demitasse - but one of the prettiest I've ever seen.  It combines two of my favorites - tea cups and flowers.
My favorite of them all - Forget-Me-Nots, the  Alaska State Flower
And a tiny spoon for a tiny cup


Spring time and tea


Pansies picked fresh from my own garden










This very delicate set was made in  Germany, before 1945

12 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Just beautiful! I love pansies.

Jeanne said...

Very very pretty display.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Such elegance JoAnn.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A delightful spring tea with pansies from the garden.

Bernideen said...

Loving your very pastel tea time here with the lovely pansies. I am so glad you shared and linked at Friends Sharing Tea!

Lorrie said...

Your demitasse set is so delicate and perfect for using for tea or flowers!

Kay said...

Everything here is so pretty! Forget-me-nots remind me of a special moment with my favorite grandmother so they're an extra special flower for me. I didn't know they were the state flower of Alaska!

Martha's Favorites said...

A beautiful set. You are a lucky lady. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Latane Barton said...

That is a beautiful demitasse set. I do love dainty things. Hugs to you.

Peggy said...

Lovely tea set - would be so nice to share a cuppa! Warm days are coming, at least up here - could be as warm as 90 deg before the weekend! Oh, my, too much too fast!

Terri said...

What a lovely German demitasse set! All those spring flowers are pretty. Your pink and white (gorgeous!) table coverings really compliment well.
We are not quite warm here just yet.
Hugs,
Terri

Candy S said...

Oh how pretty. I always love to see a beautiful crocheted tablecloth with a pretty table covering underneath to help show off the lace. You picked the perfect teapot (or demitasse) and cups for a beautiful Spring tea party. I love the pansies, they are my favorite flower for spring. I want to come to your tea party, I know we would have so much fun chitter chatting about this and that while sipping our tea.