Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You Are Invited to Tea

I've found some pretty tea cups at thrift stores and yard sales lately - it is time for tea.  Please wear and pretty hat, and gloves are optional, but oh so lovely.

Yesterday I baked a Peaches and Cream Pie - it was delightfully delicious - full of peaches and cream and cinnamon - and chilled.  The perfect summer pie - at the peak of peach season.


All those lovely peaches in a fresh crust!


Into the oven - line the lower rack with foil - this one might boil over


MMmmm mmmmm good!

Our tea today is served on a vintage crocheted tablecloth, in a teapot with pansies on it.  The perfect summer teapot.  We have a variety of teacups, please pick your favorite - perhaps it matches your lovely hat.


A yellow straw hat - so cheery and sweet.
Your gloves are beautiful.

Our first teacup  has flowers all about the rim - would you like some pecan cookies?

Or perhaps a slice of the delicious Peaches and Cream Pie


Sugar, cream or plain?



Oh my dear, what a lovely hat you've chosen - it goes so well with the pink flowers on the teacup.


The bottom of the tea cup says "Made in England, Bone China - and the  hand written numbers 3355 on it.

My ladies don't show their bottoms - they are much too refined for that.
.


Perhaps you'd like some tea and cookies in this most unusual teacup.


There are two little "bowls" on the left side - we're not sure what they are for, plus there is a hole on the far left, apparently for hanging on the wall.


A piece of Peaches and Cream Pie?





A hat of flowers - you do look wonderful darling.

And your gloves - perfect for a summer tea.


You can see the two tiny "bowls" on the left side of the plate - any information about this cup and saucer/plate would be appreciated







The roses on this saucer/plate and teacup are hand painted

And the third teacup has roses on it also

Your flowery hat is bright and breezy, just the thing for a summer tea.







The cute little cup is bone china, also from England




With a pretty green rim on cup and saucer.

I trust you have enjoyed your tea, as much as I've enjoyed having you visit.

And now for the recipe for the delicious pie.

Peaches and Cream Pie


1 tablespoon butter
1 unbaked nine-inch pie crust, 

3 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup cream

Preheat oven to 425˚. 
Cut butter into small pieces and dot pie crust with butter. 
Cover with peaches. 
Combine sugar, flour, egg and cinnamon and nutmeg. 
Stir in cream and vanilla.
Pour over peaches. 
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. 
Chill well before serving, store in refrigerator

Tea in the Garden  





19 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A delightful tea with the vintage hats and gloves. I'd love to sit down and join you for peaches and cream pie with a cup of tea.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thank you JoAnn for inviting me. This is the most wonderful tea I have had yet today. I love the sound of the pie and will try to make one. I do make a peaches and cream cake that is wonderful but more fitted to slightly cooler weather. I think those two cups on the saucer might be for clotted cream and for jam for the scones you might have with your tea??. Just a guess..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Yes, please, I will have the peaches and cream pie with my tea! Thank you, Dear! Your tea is darling, JoAnn - I love all the tea cups and the sweet hats and gloves - so charming! My favorite is the tea set with the green trim xo Thank you for the recipe, it looks so yummy! Hugs, xoxo

J said...

Well, my dear, yes! yes! yes! I would love to join you, I would love to plop that fetching yellow hat atop my head, I would adore some pecan cookies which I would place upon the china dishes with the pink roses - and then I would ask to switch my hat to the one accented in pink flowers! And then I would place my dainty gloves in my lap, remove the charming flower pot napkin ring and place the napkin right on top, and then when you offered the peach pie I would reach over and snatch it, declaring, "now we're talking! I thought you'd never ask, my dear!"
And then I'd go home and brag to everyone about where I've been, what I wore, what I ate and who my lovely hostess was!
Yes. That's what I would do!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

It all looks delightful! The peach pie - delicious! Thank you so much for having me.

Bernideen said...

I can almost taste that pie - peach pie this time of year is wonderful! What darling hats and teacup/saucers. This post was really fun! So glad you shared at Tea In The Garden!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a lovely visit and delicious treats with absolutely no calories.
Thanks so much for your kind invitation.

Mary said...

I'm wiping that peach juice from my mouth and sipping my tea - all so pretty and inviting. Wish I could have been there for real. Lovely china, being English I'd feel right at home, and such a beautiful tablecloth.

Hugs, Mary

joanne said...

what a lovely tea setting. I love a tea party, thank you for the invite. I wil have mine with cream and just a small peice of that divine looking pie. I just love wearing my hat and gloves, not too many occasions for that anymore. I do believe those little bowls are for your lemon slice and discarded tea bag. Thank you for sharing your beautiful treasures...

joy said...

A great collections of hats, gloves and china, JoAnn.
Joy x x

Kay said...

Lovely! The pie looks perfect. I'll take a little cream with my tea, please, and perhaps in the third cup if I might. Kind of you to invite me.

greenthumb said...

Your pie looks and sounds really nice and so do all your other things.

Jeanne said...

I love all of your pretty tea cups! I really should start looking for them when I am in the thrift shop. And that pie, holy moly that looks good!

Nonnie said...

if I had this lovely piece, I'd certainly have to try clotted cream and jam in it!

Nonnie said...

such exquisite tea cups and saucers! I have a set of four with what I would call English roses on both the porcelain cups and saucers. I purchased them at a Christmas bazaar one year for $3! Then I bagged a beautiful tea pot from an Etsy shop that is very close to the cups pattern.
I love peach pie. I haven't had any in years because my favorite one was made by an aunt who died.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my gosh, this is sooooooooo fun!!! Your peache pie looks to die for! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hats! Those little caps with tons of flowers are exactly what I would wear if hats were still in style. (I can't wear big hats, as my hair goes too flat, but the little caps.... those look decent on me. My mom has pictures of her friends wearing things like that to church or in the 50's. I want to come to tea at your house!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I would like a second piece of pie, please.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I would like a second piece of pie, please.

Cecilia said...

I have just the hat, of course it's a red one, with black trim.