Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Garden Party Girl

I've wanted to get photos of this lovely lady for some time - problem has been - it is down a long driveway and I'm always hesitant to drive down someone's driveway and snap photos.  But I got brave - there seemed to be no one around (that makes me a lot braver) so we eased on down the driveway - it is gravel and quite dusty - and I snapped away before we made our escape. 

She's not very scary - for a scarecrow - but she is very lovely


Her lovely clothes - a shawl for protection from the wind, and a hat to shade her pretty face


She's the sweetest scarecrow I've ever seen


Charming gloves, and a basket for picking flowers, or some corn


She stands guard all day


And at night she sleeps in her flower bed


Next door, a helpful friend? Her beau?


He tends part of his garden in a wheelbarrow, the easier to push it over and show Miss Fancy Scarecrow - maybe this will impress her


Maybe some lovely raspberries for a gift?

Or pretty sunflowers for her windowsill.


Apples for a pie - don't think she has an oven, besides, she is quite flammable so better to stay away from stoves.


Teddy bear sunflowers - everyone loves a teddy bear.


Very tall sunflowers, how to pick them?




12 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

What a fun garden. I would love that little lady in my veggie patch, she is brilliant.

The Weaver of Grass said...

What an elegant lady she is JoAnn - i am sure she keeps the birds away
because she is so lifelike. I hope she likes her beau - looks are not everything (as we learned from my blog yesterday!) so he has to tempt her with just the right present - maybe a delicious peach or a sweet rosy apple.

J said...

She is very pretty and I'm glad you got brave enough to venture down that dusty trail and photograph her for us! I wonder if she is going to be eventually sporting a Halloween costume? Oh dear, you are going to have to go back there to find out for us!

Nancy said...

Very nice photos. I had to laugh about your "sneak up" and "getaway". Our drive is quite long and we often have people stop at the end, get out and take pictures of our house. I am pretty sure they can't see us on the porch at times but I always wave anyway and laugh thinking about what they will think when they see the photo and realize we were there waving at them the whole time. ;) I take it as a compliment that they love our home so much. I have only had one girl actually drive down and actually ask to take pictures. Of course I told her yes. :)

Kay said...

I share your timidity but am glad you overcame it for these shots. She's quite a wonderful scarecrow and the garden is wonderful. Love all those sunflowers!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post. So glad you got your nerve up to go photograph this pretty lady. Very unique, I don't think I have ever seen one this pretty. Pop over for a visit if you have the chance.
QMM

Julie Fukuda said...

I loved that trip down the drive! (Also the back-lit sunflowers).
Thanks for the smiles.

greenthumb said...

What fun.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Wow, a real flower bed! Who'd a thunk♫ Lovely series. My Waltz: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/orb-with-interest/

Unknown said...

What a lovely post! Thank you for sharing and parting with us :)

Jeanne said...

I think anyone who would take the time and trouble to erect such a special scarecrow would be happy to have it admired.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that fashion forward scarecrow... Thank you for joining in 'Rurality Blog Hop #29' Hope to see you next Wednesday for #30...