Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chain Saw Carving

In the PNW you see a lot of chain saw wood carving - in yards, for sale along the roads, in towns - it is everywhere.

These bears look friendly enough, maybe they want to share your picnic.

And eagle in the woods

Two bears trying to climb up  to visit the Bald Eagle


The chain saw artists are quite talented

Then last weekend we were traveling a new road and found a place that sells chain saw carvings.
A nice brown bear

Joined by his friends, the giraffes

The Giraffes?  Did we drive too far?

A horse

And a very old bear

Please won't someone take me home - I've been here a very long time.



11 comments:

Lmkazmierczak said...

Spectacular artistry♫ My Rurality: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/midwest-mania/

Carletta said...

I'd take any of these although I doubt I could afford any of them. :)
Those giraffes are so cute.

The Weaver of Grass said...

There is quite a lot of this in the UK too JoAnn.
Sometimes I like it and I agree it is clever,
but often it has a rather clumsy look I am not
attracted to.

Mary said...

How fabulous - I love them all but the bears climbing up to the eagle has to be my favorite - that eagle looks so real!
Giraffes I prefer viewing in Africa - I don't even do zoos anymore because, since Africa, I can't stand to see animals out of their natural habitat!

I do have plenty of trees out back...............OMG what am I thinking, no way!!!!

Just e-mailed you dear -
Have a wonderful day.
Mary X

GardenOfDaisies said...

I like the old weathered bear in the last photo. You should take that one home with you.

Viera said...

great job...

Suburban Girl said...

It is amazing how they make these with chain saws. I watched some being made once.

Kay said...

These are nice carvings! The last one looks a lot like one we have at the Black Bear Diner - similar style and face. I've not seen giraffes and horses carved like this before.

greenthumb said...

Aren't they great, and made by using chain saws. Amazing.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These are great! I love the two bears and the eagle. Oh, I wish I could take that old weathered bear home. I've always wanted one for the top of my driveway to hold my name plate. Guess I better sharpen the chain saw! xo

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

These are just amazing. I like them all but I think that horse is my favorite!