Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Old Houses and Barns

An old house - once someone's new and shining home.  I often wonder why some homes go to ruin, and others, built at the same time, are still well maintained. What happened differently to the houses?


And old barns - sometimes cared for - and sometimes not.

I can hear the echos of the people who came before - the good times and the not so good - the triumphs and the loses - the celebrations of life.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The same question can be asked about people.

Kim said...

And what a beautiful house this building must have been. I always wonder as to what these old houses were witness to. Such a pity they are rundown and neglected.

The Furry Gnome said...

I wonder the same thing. I could take you to several old houses around here that are apparently abandoned.

Rose said...

I always hear those voices, too, but just not clearly enough to hear exactly what they say.

Michelle said...

For me, there is nothing like an old house. Such history....

Powell River Books said...

It's amazing how quick vacant buildings deteriorate. Without someone to paint and provide upkeep wood structures especially just seem to melt away. - Margy