Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Water



Here in the Pacific Northwest we are surrounded by water


Rushing tide waters

Water with seagulls walking

Water with a seagull and a duck

Water with two ducks eating - or looking for submarines

Birch Bay is an extremely shallow bay - when the tide goes out, it goes WAY out

When the tide is in - you can walk out for almost a quarter of a mile and still only have water up to your knees.

People walking past the little strips of water left on the beach at low tide

Water with people walking past

Water that leaves boats high and dry - well mostly dry

  
Water in lakes

Water in rivers

Water with loons


Water and mountains

Water on mountains

Waterfalls

Water in lakes in the desert (Eastern Washington)
















6 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Jo, Sorry I have been tardy visiting. Hope you are slowing getting around better. Have a wonderful week:)

Dave said...

Great shots! I especially like the one with the boat A LOT.

islandwonder said...

Wow! Those waterfalls are spectacular.

Ebie said...

Nice! Those two ducks doing a synchronized swimming!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wonderful watery shots JoAnn. I remember seeing my first loon - so exciting. I didn't realise how common they were at the time.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful! Can't decide what photo I love best, but I think it is the little branch in the middle of the photo of Birch Bay. Oh, I love the Loon photos, too. Well, I really love all the photos. Perfect capture of watery places!xx