Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge - This Looks Like Fun

This looks like something fun for a rainy, cloudy day after filing our income tax. Something relaxing and easy.  Click the photo to see more Wednesday Hodgepodges.





1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49er's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?


The day our whole family spent together - starting with our grandson Jahn's 11th birthday in the park, then a family portrait, followed by me giving everyone a Lone Star Bed quilt that I made for them, then a  barbecue on our new deck - it was glorious and everything went perfectly  -  one of those simply wonderful days.



Getting ready to eat at the park - Jahn is in the red shirt, center.





Three Generations .  .  .


Donnie loves his Grampy.  .  .

Ok, I'm done here, let's take a nap on these boxes.  .  .



2. Share something you're a fan of these days?

Nature photography - always nature photography.  I love the challenge of catching just the perfect picture - or of coming upon something that is new and interesting.  We take long drives, just looking for another great shot.  Don sits patiently in the car and enjoy the quiet as I take shot after shot.



Daffodils in the spring rain.  .  .

Full moon rising over LakeWhatcom.  .  .



Waterfall near the freeway, we stop often to take pictures of it and it is different each time.



3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking about the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?


I don't like wings - I don't like messy food - I don't  like spices - does that clear that up?  My favorite place to go for wings is to my grandson's houses - they are angels and have pretty wings that not everyone sees.  Since we were talking about wings I decided to go off on a tangent anyway.


Angels for sure - Jahn-Zyel and Donnie




Sometimes wings look a lot like capes and baby cousins like to fly too, come on, let's go.



I told you they had wings - those little angel boys.


I  can see those little wings sprouting, right now!


4. As long as we're talking sports today, have you been following the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?

I  haven't been following the story, and wouldn't watch an interview if given the chance - and yet I hear way too much about it.  I don't like competitive sports - it always leads to something like this.  If there is fame and/or a grand reward there will be cheating and telling of lies - always.  And confessions after you have been found out aren't really confessions - they are just attempts to get sympathy.  (I sound very grouchy today :-)



5. What's a question you hate to be asked?

How much did you  pay for that?  What?  You want to reimburse me for it - ok,  I'll tell you then.

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big match up happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?

I had two brothers and I don't think there is the same kind of competition between boys and girls - I certainly didn't feel any competition.  I am not competitive - I don't care for winners and losers, I want everyone to win and everyone to be happy, I'm just that kind of girl.  Are you happy with that answer?



7. What's your favorite game involving a ball, and when did you last play?





Add caption


Well one of my grandsons' families has a grassy, fenced in yard and they play yard ball.  A big ball is popped up and passed around from person to person - no rules - no winners -  no losers - everyone joins in and has fun hitting the ball back to someone else if it comes their way. It teaches fair play and coordination and just plain fun together.  I don't play it, but I love watching it.  This summer when all our kids were home (the West Virginia group came for a week) and several times they all played yard ball - from 15 month old Donnie to Grampy - it was glorious fun.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

This week I'm enjoying doing more since my back surgery and I've even made a list of things I want to accomplish when I'm back up and doing all I want.  It is said that it is good to take a break from time to time to look at your life - and I agree, to a point.  But enough already, let's get up and go - let's have fun - let's do something adventurous - let's hug family - let's share with each other - let's have another cookie.


2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a very positive person you are! And such a talented photographer!

Lili said...

Yes, I'll have another cookie with you for sure! That was a fun exercise and I enjoyed your answers!