Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wee Ones Wednesday - new clothes for winter

Abigail Clarissa Wellington-Jones and Poppy Sunshine have new winter clothes.  I sewed the raincoat and crocheted the poncho
 Abigail has a poncho in case it snows, and snow boots, while Poppy has a slicker, rain hat and rain boots - for the rainy weather we are having right now
 Diane - at Lavender Dreams, has a Wee Ones Wednesday post also - so stop over and visit her blog - it is a lot of fun.  Her dolls are having a slumber party this week.



Boots to keep us dry and warm

Dolls are Madame Alexander and are available at amazon.com 

5 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Don't have dolls, but I do have quite a lively and opinionated bunch of teddy bears. Not to mention Josephine!
Do you sew "big people clothes," too? My mother was a stellar seamstress, and she learned as a child by making doll clothes.
:) m & jb (who says things will get ugly quick if I try to put a dress on her)

J said...

JoAnn, you never "brag" about your sewing skill! The first time I visited your quilt gallery - all quietly tucked away on the side bar! - I was blown away by the beauty and craftsmanship of your Lone Star pieces! And now I see that you also crochet with the same excellence! The little poncho is precious. And the raincoat is too! Fun winter projects for you and "the girls!"

Powell River Books said...

I was so glad to read that you finally got your Bunny doll back when you were a child. You have been making doll clothes for a very long time and have become very proficient at it. When we moved we had to downsize. I didn't want to just take my dolls to Goodwill and possibly have them destroyed. I found a used doll store that refurbished and resold old dolls. I gave them almost all of my dolls, only keeping the one my mother had as a child with a china head. - Margy

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So cute -- I like the little touch of plaid on the raincoat especially!

Julie Fukuda said...

When I was growing up, my dolls were my best friends. I still have those friends.They were small and had only one set of clothes and I learned to sew at age 4 so my dills would be ready for whatever adventure we went on. Of course, since they were so small, I could use the very small scraps that others found useless. Now my granddaughter is dressing those dolls in their finery..