Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Table Setting

After we had our wonderful Christmas Eve celebration - we turned right around and got ready for Christmas dinner the next day - with our daughters' families.

This year I decided on the Pink Willow dishes - just like Blue Willow - but in pink.  They are one of my favorite sets of dishes.  I think pink and green are perfect for a Christmas table.


The green goblets were a Christmas gift from Don this year - they fit in perfectly


A little snow is always good on Christmas day - even if we have to pretend


The gravy boat is my newest piece - I bid on it on ebay, went to bed and in the morning I found that I had won in the middle of the night - not one other person had bid on it


Duck napkin rings and green plaid napkins


Divided serving dish and vintage spoons


Little jam pots






It's time to serve up the heaping bowls of food


Mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, kale slaw, turkey, stuffing, gravy, olives, hot rolls,fresh cranberry relish - so many choices.  There was so much food we had to put some on the dinner plates until we could begin passing it around.


And deviled eggs


Merry Christmas Dinner -  always merry!

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a beautiful setting. And you're right -- pink and green DO complement each other!

J said...

So pretty! Lovely, softer version of Christmas that we need by the time the actual day arrives! I love the duck napkin rings and the little jam pots. Everything's so sweet, but it was fun to see the platters of food arriving picture by picture and filling the table to a bountiful setting!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love both the table settings and the sight of that lovely food, so different from ours over here but I am sure just as tasty. I am starting slimming today!

Kay said...

What a warm and wonderful looking table! And kale slaw! That's something I hadn't thought of! (We're still eating last summer's crop.) A classic "groaning board" if I've ever seen one - and photos of it before it's gone. Hooray!

Lorrie said...

Your pink willow dishes are pretty and so nice with the green. Sounds like a delicious dinner.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful! I am in love with the little jam pots and smiling at your tablecloth :)

Elenka said...

Hi Joann!!!! Happy New Year to you and Don.
Never saw pink willow before….love it!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks like a wonderful time and a lovely table! Such good food, too!

I like pink and white at Christmas, too. I had a friend who was a major pinky, and she decorated her tree over the years in ornaments that were pink. Her whole house with the exceptions of her son's room and the kitchen were done in pink. It looked great, and the guys liked it, too.

I love your transferware. I have always liked the pink and white and love to see it used in tablescapes. One of my favorite tables was at a friend's house, and she used all pink and green Deprression glass with colorful chocolate cake Easter eggs at each place. I will nevr forget how festive and pretty it was just like yours is here.


Happy New Year!

xoxo

Kathleen said...

What a lovely table! Your dishes are beautiful and I love your new green glasses!
Happy 2014!

Candy S said...

I love the Pink Willow transferware for Christmas. Your new green wine glasses sure do make the whole table look festive. The food all looks so wonderful, I don't know how you had the presence of mind to get all of these beautiful pictures while getting all of the food onto the table. I didn't get any pictures from Christmas Eve or Christmas day outside of the family pictures, and that was after all of the food had been eaten. I want to say Happy New Year to you and your family and may God bless you and yours with good health and prosperity throughout the year. Thank you so much for being such a good friend.