Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Vintage Charm Party

I have my Granny's Desert Rose Dishes. They were her every day dishes and I loved them the first time I ever saw them.  I received a huge box of them in the mail as a surprise about 25 years ago.  From time to time we add some extra pieces,  they are always from thrift stores, flea markets or yard sales.
I have three different sizes of cups, these little ones might have been for after-dinner coffee, or for mugs of milk for the children.
I have plates in four sizes, bowls in five sizes, platters,coffee pots, a teapot, cream and sugar, salt shakers, platters, vegetable bowls - oh so many wonderful things.
And at a thrift store I discovered some of the prettiest pale green glasses.  I thought they would be a match for the Desert Rose, and when I got home, I discovered that they were perfect.  I  am still looking to find more so I can serve more than 4 people at a time.

Vintage Charm Party                 

6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope you can find more of those glasses. They look great. On the other hand, I have very few glasses that can be used with a group other than my wine glasses which I insisted on washing and drying and putting away myself.
I actually hid glasses from my husband because he dropped them regularly and every time I returned from a week of camp, I had to start all over with new ones. Finally I just hid the ones I liked when I planned to be away any length of time and put out the chipped loners.

eileeninmd said...

Hello JoAnn, your Desert Rose pattern is very pretty. Lovely set of dishes. Have a happy Friday and weekend ahead!

Sandra said...

The glasses look perfect with the Desert Rose Dishes. The dishes are the same as my MIL had. You have so many pieces. Fun to start with just a start to a collection and watch it grow over time. Good luck finding more!

Kay said...

Oh so pretty! You have quite a selection of pieces (I like those salt and pepper shakers. They're very sweet. It looks like you've got enough plates to have plenty of guests...I hope you can find more of those pretty green glasses. They look vintage.

Our Hopeful Home said...

How lovely, JoAnn! And sentimental value to boot, which makes them even more special. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

Powell River Books said...

Got to love those thrift store finds. My favourite one in Powell River just moved to a larger store. - Margy