Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, February 8, 2016

Mountains

We are surrounded by mountains to the north and east - and the ocean to the west.  I thought I'd share some of our outstanding mountains today.
Someone once told me the name of these two mountains - but I've forgotten. Was it you, Marybeth?
Mt. Baker and the foothills.  It has been a good snowy winter so far this year.
Mt. Baker to the left - The Sisters to the right - raspberry fields in the foreground - from Skagit Valley
Close up of Mt. Baker from Skagit Valley
Close up of the Sisters from Skagit Valley
Mt. Baker from north of Bellingham - Trumpeter Swans and Canada Geese in a hay field.



12 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Very beautiful mountains indeed! xx

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, my word, they are so majestic! I live in flatville, so seeing that to me is absolutely breath-taking!

Have a wonderful week of love! ♥♥♥

betty-NZ said...

What fantastic scenery! I would never get tired of seeing these lovely mountains.

Julie Fukuda said...

You have to rise early to view the mountains from Tokyo. I still recall Mt Ranier from the rim-trail on Vashon Island.
At sunset it looked like a giant strawberry sundae sitting in the sky.

Maggie said...

How beautiful . What spectacular scenery to have around you and what wonderful pictures you have taken.

Kim said...

Oh my, what a glorious part of the world you live in. Those mountains are spectacular!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, gorgeous views of the mountains. MY hubby would love to live there and see these mountains views everyday. Great shots. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

A Colorful World said...

So so gorgeous, JoAnn! What exquisite views! Loved your photos of these mountains!

Small City Scenes said...

I'd like to help you out on the Mountains---where were you when you took those pics? Maybe they are Whitehorse and three fingers---they always seem to be together but I see them at a different angle than you do.
Great shots.
MB

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful mountains

Rambling Woods said...

Hello! These are wonderful photos to share with Nature Notes... I don't live near any mountains.... Just stunning... Michelle from Nature Notes...

Rambling Woods said...

Hi Jo Ann...I wanted to mention that I am going to get your book for my Kindle and welcome to Nature Notes again...Michelle