Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, February 15, 2016

The Barn Collective

I have collected so many photos of barns this year that I have enough to do about 20 posts - so I'm doubling up and showing you the barns I had originally planned on using for two posts.  Some  are fairly recent - some are from before christmas - some are cloudy - some are sunny - all are interesting.  Enjoy the tour

One of my favorite farms on the way to Stanwood, WA. Seems the shed is getting a new roof.
Nice stables for horses


We've been watching this little barn outside Blaine, WA since we moved to Washington in 2001.  It is slowing sliding to one side.
The little barn is on the Mt. Baker Hiway - where traffic is horrendous at best - I caught this drive-by shot after about 20 attempts.  Usually there was a car or truck in the photo.

No barn - just a lonely silo.
Old and new tin roofs

A very large, working farm
Someone plays basketball after chores are done.






Thanks for stopping by



15 comments:

Kay said...

Great barns, all! That all white one really stands out. Around here it would be growing moss after too long.

Tom said...

Such a lovely collection JoAnn. I particularly like the last one, the long shot shows how the barn fits into the landscape. I hope that you hurry back with another collection soon.

Amy at love made my home said...

You find so many great barns, there must be a lot where you live! xx

Latane Barton said...

Wow, that's a bunch of great barns. I love the shadow of the tree on that first barn. That's pretty neat.

Lea said...

A very nice series of barns. There are silos still standing after the barns are gone here, too.
Have a happy week!
Lea

eileeninmd said...

Hello JoAnn, wonderful series of barn shots. They are all great barns, I do love all the red barns. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! What a collection of barns! I'm intrigued with the different styles of barns in different regions; the ones in your area seem quite distinctive.

Pamela Gordon said...

That is a lot of barns from your collection of photos! I enjoyed seeing them all. Have a good week JoAnn.

Powell River Books said...

We took a drive this week in Wayne's new sports car. We went up to Rockport looking for eagles, but only saw a few along the road lower down. We came back on the south of the river. With all the rain and clouds we didn't stop for pictures. - Margy

genie said...

This is such a varied collection of barns that you could easily turn them into a calendar.: red, white, unpainted, good condition, falling apart...and the list goes on. This is a wonderful collection, My favorite is the little white one. It is so sweet.

Rose said...

wow, oh, wow...what a wonderful series of barns. I really enjoyed this visit.

Kim said...

I have loved strolling along looking at those glorious barns, with you. All are beautiful and all unique. Gorgeous photos of gorgeous landscapes.

Kay said...

Ooooh! Great new header, JoAnn! I keep thinking we have a corner on great wildlife on the Olympic Peninsula but you continually post wonderful shots of feathered friends...and now some furrier ones, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joann! You've taken some lovely snaps of these barns. They fascinate me too especially the old ones. I'm sure they have a story and I wish they could tell us! Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Small City Scenes said...

Whew! That is a bunch of barn. I too have a zillion images of barns. A super subject.
MB