Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sunlit Sunday

I've been down with a miserable winter cold - but it is finally easing up - and I feel like blogging again.  A few weeks ago we took a drive down to Bow and Edison, WA - just outside of the small towns, on the way to Samish Island, is a fabulous area for seeing Bald Eagles.
 I was intrigued with this one.  As we pulled up on a turnout on a corner, I noticed there was a gentleman with a powerful camera right at the base of the pole the eagle was sitting on.  It was fascinating to watch the eagle look down to see what was going on - and then checking the sky.
 It was a windy day and the feathers got a little ruffled







All photos are straight out of the camera except for a little judicious cropping of extra sky.  The air was perfect for clear photos.  This area seems to have some quality that gives good resolution to photos.  


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh JoAnn! You got such wonderful photos of the eagle! Loved each one. Maybe I'll talk hubby into a drive tomorrow to Bow or Edison to see what we can see...if it's not raining LOL!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Stunning photos JoAnn.
Crisp, clear winter days are the best for sharp photos I agree.
What a sight - I imagine the Bald Eagle is a protected species.
I hope you feel well enough to get out this week.
Shane

Pondside said...

Gorgeous photos - those eyes and that beak - he is a proud one!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello JoAnn, I'm sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you will feel much better soon.
You have taken marvellous photos - such a handsome fellow in these images,
Happy Sunlit Sunday!

sweetbriardreams said...

What a beauty! I do hope you start recovering soon JoAnn, I've had a nasty bug too which brought me way down. The only way is up now :) xx

Country Gal said...

Glad your feeling better ! Fantastic photos ! Our bald Eagles here just fly over never stop to get lovely photos unless we follow them to their nest deep in the forest lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

Amy at love made my home said...

Hope you are feeling better! Incredible photos!!!! Oh gosh, so stunning! An amazing bird! xx

Kay said...

Wow oh wow oh wow! Fabulous shots! These certainly must have made you feel better and I hope you are indeed feeling well again. There's some nasty bugs around these days.

Maggie said...

Beautifully clear photos. I guess you must have a pretty good lens yourself.

Anni said...

Extraordinary!!!

Such a wonderful treasure of such a majestic bird. Well done [I'm so jealous]

Thank you very much for adding the link to this post to share at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week.

Mary said...

Hope by now you are feeling much better dear JoAnn.
The fresh air does wonders when one is recovering from a cold, and when you can get out and capture shots of Bald eagles such as this handsome bird, it's even better - these are fabulous!

Hugs - Mary

Candy S said...

Your handsome eagle looks majestic perched upon the pole so he can see everything around him. In the one photo he looks like he is looking directly at you. Beautiful photography!

A Colorful World said...

Fantastic shots! So glad you are feeling better too.

Carla said...

Jealous of your photos

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Glad you're feeling better.

And those eagle photos are magnificent!
~

My Little Home and Garden said...

Only once have I seen a bald eagle, when I was living in northern Canada for awhile. Your eagle was kind enough to post for you and let us see his splendour!

Karen