Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Wasn't That Fun?

One day we were passing our favorite second hand store and noticed something in the grass by the parking lot.  I just had to get photos of it.
 A truck loaded with all manner of interesting things - spray painted interesting colors
 The shop buys up estate sales, antique stores going out of business and even some yard sales - and sells at very reasonable prices.  I've bought several vintage quilts there - for 15. 00 to 20. 00
 I think someone loves to spray paint - looks like a lot of entertainment

 And doesn't everyone need a neon green manual typewriter  This is the kind of typewriter I learned to type on in High School.  These were definitely not portable.
 It had been raining and if you look closely you can see some rain dripping off the chair.
 Purple picnic basket and green Grandfather's Clock

Now wasn't that fun?

9 comments:

Peggy said...

That WAS fun!!! Thanks!

Dagmar said...

What a great photo, happy I came across your blog..we often go to Bellingham from Kelowna, what a great photo you captured of that truck!
Happy October 1st
:)
Dagmar

Pamela Gordon said...

That is really fun! What a great way to draw attention to the business. I'm guessing these pieces were beyond rescuing. ;)

Montanagirl said...

The spray paint made for some fun and colorful items!

Kay said...

Yes! That was great fun! Colorful and very interesting stuff!
(I learned to type on a typewriter like that, too. And I had one - black - that I painted parts of yellow. It was a great, heavy thing that weighed a ton.)

Amy at love made my home said...

My goodness, I have never seen a display like that before! A great advert for their business. xx

Maggie said...

Lovely cheerful photos of an eclectic mix of items.

J said...

You come across so many whimsical things! Everybody around here is so serious!

CountryMum said...

That is definitely fun, and a great way to catch attention of passer-by's. So glad that I came across your blog. It will be fun following you from Australia.