Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I haven't done this for a while - and I do love scavenger hunts.  My camera is ready - set - go!

An Autumn Drink
 A nice hot cup of tea is always good on an Autumn day - add some cookies and a friend and you have a perfect day.
 These vintage tea bag holders are so helpful and cheerful
And a cup of tea in a pretty cup with my initial on it.

Wooden
I was lucky enough to catch this Red Tail hawk just as it took off from this wooden post

Seasonal
Happy Halloween  (clunk)

My Outfit Today
 I'm outfitting my kitchen with new potholders - this is the "outfit" I made this week

My View
 The last of the summer nasturtiums
The droplets on the leaves,found in the morning, is caused by transpiration.  When the water drops form, the plant has more water than it needs to stay healthy, so the excess is pushed out through the ends of the leaves

And my view of the moon one night before the rains started

13 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the Moon, leaves and flowers shots. Very nifty potholders and clever way to illustrate that word. Quick thinking shot to catch the Hawk and managed to keep the wood in the shot. You first 3 shots were lovely although I dod not drink tea, i would have a cookie!!! Hav a geeat week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the cute halloween witch and your pretty potholders. The moon shot is awesome! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like those potholders!

Pieni Lintu said...

Wow - that moon shot is PERFECT!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Cute vintage teabag holders and your new potholders are so festive! Both will brighten your day. Happy week ahead!

Kay said...

That Happy Halloween sign is a crack up! And I love your new potholders!

Julie Fukuda said...

Your potholders would go well with my tablecloth. I think I used all those fabrics.

Amy at love made my home said...

All great finds and photos, but oh gosh that photo of the moon!!! That is incredible isn't it! I love the splatted witch too! Lots of fun. xx

J said...

"Transpiration!" You know, I often think, when visiting here, that "JoAnn stops to really see things that the rest of us just rush past - and her life is so much richer for it." Well, here's one of the best examples. I had no idea that nature so perfectly and rhythmically takes care of excess moisture on even as humble a creature as a pumpkin leaf! So beautiful!
Lovely collection - the cute china pieces too!

Anu said...

Beautiful, beautiful moon.

Maggie said...

Where do I start? All beautiful. Very colourful pot holders. A good capture of the bird. I can almost smell those nasturtiums.

Candy S said...

The Autumn Leaf tea set is gorgeous! I love the embossed white leaves. The pot holders are pretty dandy too, pretty and utilitarian at the same time!! Great shots of the hawk and the moon and the nasturtiums are looking great for this late in the season. Have a wonderful evening..... Hugs, Candy

Rose said...

I think I need to make more potholders! These remind me of something I want to do. But I did like all the photos.