Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, October 5, 2015

A Little Decorating for Autumn

Don brought me a big bouquet of sunflowers - so I thought it was time to decorate the buffet.  The little pumpkin soup tureens on the right he found at a yard sale - the ones on the left he gave me for our anniversary in September.  Now I have enough for the whole family when they come to dinner.  Hmmm, what kind of soup should I make first?



The cabbage tureen I've had for several years - the little pumpkin in front of the sunflowers was found at a yard sale for 50 cents yesterday.  Later we saw one for 5.00 at another yard sale.

 Cute little elf in front of the sunflowers was from a yard sale several years ago.
 Let's add an autumn pitcher

 And a nice big pumpkin pitcher  behind it
Some pale pumpkins from the Dollar Store last year

 And now pear shaped serving dishes on the left

 A three section autumn serving dish 


 Add a few faux acorns


And I think we're done
How is your autumn decorating coming along?
Through My Lens

14 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Gosh what a lot os autumn things you have to decorate your home. I like the Sunflowrs that Don gave you.

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkins. Love their colour and all their different forms. I also got some in the house for decoration. And within a few weeks, I can make delicious potage of them.
Greetings from Belgium, Hilde
Visiting from Through my Lens,
http://stapjesonderweg.blogspot.be/2015/10/forms-and-lines.html

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Delightful! I enjoy decorating for Fall too!! Wishing you a wonderful week!

Mersad said...

I want to do this as well in my home. Will have to come up with something. :)

Thanks for linking in with Through My Lens.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks pretty and you have some sweet pieces for fall. It's great that you have 2 sets of similar soup bowls. They are cute! I have my decorating done for a week now inside and out. Our Thanksgiving is a week from today!! Have a beautiful day.

Hootin Anni said...

A bouquet of sunflowers instigating decorating the buffet with Autumn pumpkins. I LIKE THIS very much!!

And the carved wood design on the buffet is gorgeous too.

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful decorations!! They look so lovely all displayed together. I love the white pumpkins and the idea of pumpkin soup bowls too, you must use those a lot in the autumn I imagine. Hope you enjoy looking at your decorations - I did! xx

A Colorful World said...

The buffet looks wonderful! Perfect fall décor!

Kay said...

You're ready to go! What a beautiful bouquet, surrounded by autumn friends. What I want to do for autumn is clear out all the clutter I've let accumulate over summer and put away all the odds and ends that never seem to find a place to live!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very nice! I think I love the little cute elf the best!

J said...

Everything looks great together! I have pumpkin tureens for soup too. I use them every Thanksgiving for squash soup and they are wonderful! I didn't get them at the prices you did, though! By the way, I keep forgetting to say I love your fall header with the bounty of pumpkins and the great trucks!

NCSue said...

Great fall decorations!
Enjoy this colorful season.
Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/poor-little-birdie.html

fredamans said...

I love your hutch!

Powell River Books said...

I've let the marigolds and maples take care of it for me. - Margy