Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Teacups and Tea Pots

Oh how I love dishes - pretty tea cups - pretty tea pots

We found this hutch late one afternoon at a church sale - for 20.00 - the lady who was running the sale even delivered it to us later that afternoon.
I like teapots on the lower shelf

And tea cups.

There are two cupboards below the drawers for storing other pretty dishes.
And tea sets - I keep changing my mind, but I like it all
This Moss Rose tea set is for children - but just a little larger than most children's tea sets
The lady who was selling it said that she had been given the tea set as a child in the 50s and was never allowed to play with it
How very sad  - but I will play with it - and I'll enjoy it.  Her name was Kit and the box was labeled "Kit's Tea Set"  I will always treasure this set.
The little cups have a cute ruffled foot
The rose design is featured on each piece, tea pot, creamer, sugar and cups and saucers

I found this teapot and tea mugs at the same church sale.  I was surprised that there was so much good stuff late in the day.
For Washington Blueberries I must have this tea-for-one set, with the teapot on top and the tea cup below
This magnolia tea-for-one set has a little plate for some cookies. 
All the lovely tea cups
This one says "Alaska" below the walrus on the saucer.
One of my favorites - the design is on the inside and outside of the cup
A closer look at the pretty flowers
OH - a favorite with pretty colored daisies and a lovely gold rim

A pretty pink rose

Well, I have to admit - all are my favorites - it is like my children - they are all my favorite!!



16 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi JoAnn,
You scored well at the church sale! That is a wonderful cabinet and you get to display and store all your pretties in it. The little child's set is a real treasure. Isn't it a shame that little girl never got to play with it? I have a little tea set that I am going to send my granddaughter for her birthday. It is all made of fine porcelain and I hope she takes care of it so she will still have it when she's an adult. I wish I still had my sets but my mother threw them out with every move we made. Thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

JoAnn:
You have some wonderful cups and saucers and teapots. As I was on the computer looking, I told my husband you had a cup and saucer with a Lion on it. As I scrolled down, I saw it was a walrus. Now that's an original! Loved it all! So glad you shared.

Tea in the Library said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely tea cup and tea pot collection. I'm glad Kit's tea set found a home when it will be enjoyed. What a great deal on the hutch! Visiting from Rose Chintz Cottage Tea Time Tuesday.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Such pretty tea pots and cups, JoAnn. You sure did get lucky at that sale. I love that pretty children's tea set. It is sad that a little girl didn't get to play with it, but then you might not have been so lucky if she had..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Lorrie said...

A lovely collection of teapots and teacups for your new cabinet. Everything is really great - what fun finds! Enjoy having a tea party with Kit's Tea Set.

Julie Fukuda said...

You would love my collection of tea cups from all over the world. I have two glass fronted wall cases I designed myself ( but very little wall space to hang them in ) Wish you were here to share a cup with me.

Margie said...

What a beautiful display of teapots and teacups. Selecting a favourite among them would be like Sophie's Choice!

Kay said...

My goodness! What a great sale! Clearly all those great finds were waiting just for you! Kit's tea set is a wonderful addition...and it seems like it was waiting for you, too. How nice that you have such a great new hutch to use to display all these great things.

Maggie said...

That is quite a collection and some lovely ones too. I'm glad I don't have to dust them!

Petite Plangonophile au chocolat said...

Hi JoAnn, I'm sure the Kit's tea set and Kit herself are happy that you have found them.
Enjoy your tea-party and thanks for sharing those beautiful photos with us.
Arlette

Lori E said...

Such a pretty collection. Of course you can't pick a favourite.

Amy at love made my home said...

You have some very beautiful pieces! xx

Carolyn said...

I love your Alaska Walrus set!!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You were lucky at the church sale JoAnn and I must say how much I like the thatched cottage teapot and mugs.
Your whole collection in the hutch is lovely and it's always nice to see someone else's teacups and teapots.

J said...

The china is all so pretty. But what stands out to me in this post is Kit's story. The intention, I guess, was that she would preserve her set to enjoy when she was older. Ironically, it must have no memories for her; that's why she so willingly sold it. If she'd been allowed to sip tea with a table of dollies and teddies, I bet she'd never have let it go!

Powell River Books said...

I have my mom's teacup collection. There's one with a design similar to the last one. The hutch was a great find. - Margy